Thread: Redirecting virus and getting random pop ads

Redirecting virus and getting random pop ads

I am using my computer with windows XP Operating System, I also have avast pro 5.0 with all the available updates. Last week I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows XP sp3. I downloaded my anti-virus from a safe computer to a disk and then loaded after I reinstalled windows XP in a safe mode. Also I made a boot time scans in a safe mode and in normal mode and no virus was detected. My computer is running fine except the Internet Explorer. When I click on any website link I get redirected to random site. Some of those are fake and some are previously visited, and it opens in a new window at the bottom of the screen. What should I do to remove this virus? Anyone can please help me out?

Re: Redirecting virus and getting random pop ads

This is because your machine is infected. The Pop-ups are mostly caused by adware, spyware, or some other malicious and unwanted software. And even using pop-up blocker will not help your infected PC. Malware bytes and SUPER Antispyware are some of the best anti-spyware applications available. Other free anti-spyware programs would be spybot, Adware, AVG Anti-spyware, A-Squared Terminator and Spyware Blaster.

Try running virus removal programs in a safe mode which can be done by pressing F8 as soon as the computer boots up and choose boot to safe mode option which will be more effective. When you boot up in a safe mode, the Operating System will load only your essential programs and drivers in to the memory, so there are some chances that the files that were infected by virus will be on the drive but will not be loaded in to the memory. You can also try using Firefox, which is much safer and better way than Internet Explorer.

Manually removing the Redirecting Virus Spyware is a difficult task to do. You can use some of the Automatic Spyware removal tools to eliminate the virus. This method will be safe than any other method. If you want to remove it manually, then here are some basic steps:
    Stop the redirecting virus process using the Windows Task Manager. After that go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and Uninstall Redirecting Virus. After that open the windows registry using the regedit.exe command. Search all the redirecting virus registry file and remove it. Also look for the redirecting files on your computer and remove it.