Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to remove Rogue security program and FakeHDD

Networking & Security

Old 05-06-2011

How to remove Rogue security program and FakeHDD

My computer yesterday got infected with some virus. It was looking but when I clicked on it then window started to popup all over the screen. I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes tool and when I launched it then it quarantined something called Rogue.FakeHDD and PUM.Hijack.StartMenu. I restarted the program but still it was not fixed. So can you tell me how do I remove this virus? Thanks

Old 05-06-2011

Re: How to remove Rogue security program and FakeHDD

To remove this virus you need to delete some file from the windows registry. To open this click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on Run. Now in this Run type regedit and after that hit enter. Now registry editor will open and under that delete the following registry keys:
Quote:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper
After deleting this keys, you need to restart your pc to take effect.
Old 05-06-2011

Re: How to remove Rogue security program and FakeHDD

I would recommend you to download a tool called Security Check by searching it on the internet. Once you have downloaded this file then double click on the SecurityCheck.exe file and then follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box. After that a notepad document will open automatically called checkup.txt which you need to post the contents of that document here.
Old 08-06-2011

You can also download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here - http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free and install it in your computer. In the end be sure to checkmark next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and then launch it. All the latest updates will be downloaded to your computer and once the program loads up then select Perform quick scan and then click Scan. After the scan is completed be sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,