Thread: How to change the network name of PS3?

How to change the network name of PS3?

As the title suggesting itself what i wanted to discuss over here. Well I am having PS3 from past couple of days. I wanted to know how can i change the name of the network of the PS3? What should I do whether you have to delete the same or create the new one? Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a ‘lot in advance.

Re: How to change the network name of PS3?

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here i want to share something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. you will not be able change the network of the PlayStation until and unless you have not created a new account. You need to use the different user ID and it should be unique and it should not be used by the any other user at all. So you have to take care of the above mentioned thing.

I agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. Suppose you are having the PSN ID A with the email id 1 and you wanted to change the ID. You need to edit the PSN ID A with an alternative email ID 2. Now you have to remove the user from the PS3. I let you know that it would remove the data which is associated with users as well as saves. Now simply create a new PSN ID with the email id 1. One thing you should remember that the old PSN id would exist until and unless you call the Sony to remove the same.

Well why one is not able to change the network name which has been used for the PS3? It would not be a bad idea if you are supposed to new profile and all the save game has not removed from the device of yours. it seems to be really horrible which would give the chance to change the network name without doing such stupid thing like creating an entire new profile. Anyway i think there is no solution apart from creating a new profile.

I let you know that you will erase all the trophies which have been saved on the PS3 of yours as you delete the account from the PS3 of yours. so it would be on the PSN and it will not be available to use. If you have backup the game save and create a new account and restore the backup. You will get an error message which would stated that saves were created by the another user and you will not be able to make use of it. Only solution is to use the same through the same account.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I think it is beyond the limit to get the requirement of yours. I let you know that you should contact Sony on this particular matter. Well according to me they are the people who will help you to fix the matter of yours. So you should contact them and let me know whether they have helped you to fix the matter of yours.