Thread: How to diagnose detected Rootkits

How to diagnose detected Rootkits

I am using windows XP operating system and have installed AVG antivirus in order to keep my computer away from virus. One of my friends told me to use this antivirus as I daily use the internet so in order to be safe from virus, I usually update my antivirus. Today my AVG antivirus detected the root kit, so I just tried removing it, but was unable to do so. So please me some solutions regarding this so that I could remove these root kit from my computer.

Re: How to diagnose detected Rootkits

If you are not able to remove these rootkit then you should look for some better antivirus programs. Might be your AVG antivirus don’t have such capability to remove these rootkit. So go for some better antivirus software, you might be knowing as there are many antivirus companies such Kaspersky, Norton, Quick Heal. So better with one of these antivirus and then perform the scan and I guess it would remove the rootkits from your computer.

I would explain you what actually the rootkits are and you should know this as your computer have such. Rootkits are programs which are created with the intention so that it could enter into your computer and also get install on your computer; usually they keep themselves hidden and thus it behaves like they are invisible to us. They stand for a significant security threat on equally local system or company networks and are disreputably hard to locate and eradicate.

By surfing over internet and by downloading some unauthorized software thus would have made it possible to enter the Rootkits on your computer. So for that it is consequently very much suggested that computer users should have latest updated database of antivirus or anti-spyware software on their computers because this would make less chance of entering virus on your computer and thus you would be safe from such programs or risk associated with it.

In order to remove these rootkits you can install Antimalware from the official website of malware bytes as it is found that this utility helps you in removing this kind of virus from the computer. I have observed that if some of the antivirus could not remove the rootkits then users go for this utility in order to do the same. So it is the best option to switch to this utility in order to be protected from such malwares or rootkits to get inside the computer.

You should try to update your antivirus program. I recommend this because your AVG would not be updated and thus not able to take some action against these rootkits. So just try to update it and then check for the same. If still the same things exist then you can switch to some other AV programs. Also try removing the rootkit by going to safe mode and then perform the scan using your antivirus program, doing this would load computer with minimum configuration and possibly remove these virus.