Thread: Windows XP Recovery virus gives dozen of warning messages

Windows XP Recovery virus gives dozen of warning messages

I found that my computer which is having windows XP operating system has got windows XP recovery virus. This virus stops all my running programs, even it hides several files. I guess this virus entered into my computer whenever I downloaded one attach file from DHL. This is actually giving me dozen of warning messages these are related to hard drive or RAM failures. I cannot even unhide my files or folders, I have used Hijack this in order to look for the problem. So please help me to remove this problem.

Re: Windows XP Recovery virus gives dozen of warning messages

Windows XP Recovery is false PC booster software with the intention of displaying forged information that your PC has a bunch of serious harms with many components of your computer. This malware sense these problems in order to trap you into purchasing some of the full version software. If you will try to examine your computer by means of Windows Recovery, then it will spot 11 critical errors. Keep in mind that the scan outcome are a bogus, this malware is incapable of detecting any problems and thus you should not at all belief this false application and pay no attention to all that it will display you.

Windows XP Recovery is endorse and set up itself on your computer without your authorization and knowledge through the use of Trojans or other nasty software as you do not even become aware of that. As you guess that you got this virus by downloading attachment so you need to be careful when opening attachments and downloading files because if you ignore such things then such harmful programs get into your computer.

I found a solution in order to remove this virus. So for that you need to boot into safe mode. You could do this by restarting your computer and then press F8 key and then selecting safe mode. After that you need to open command prompt and unhide all files using the following command. Attrib –h /s /d. after that Google search for the TDSS rootkit and download that utility. This utility would detect such malware or virus from your computer and then would remove it.

I tried to search for that utility and then downloaded that on my computer. Then it extracted that and I run that file and what I found that this didn’t detected any malware or virus. I think this didn’t work for me. I unhide the files using DOS window but was not able to find any suspicious file. So please provide me that whether there is some other utility which would help me in order to remove this windows XP recovery virus from my computer.

The utility you downloaded probably detects for such virus that are on your computer, but you need t do some trick with it. When you extract that utility, then a folder of named utility would be created, so here you need to rename that folder to some other name. This is because this virus is much intelligent and it doesn’t get caught by this utility if the folder name is same. So after this perform the scan and I am sure that it would remove the malware or virus.

If suppose you are not able to hidden files even by selecting to show the hidden file option. Then here you need to go again to folder options and then on view tab you will find the list of settings. Here you need to uncheck hide operating system files and also uncheck the hide extensions for known files. After that apply these settings and you would be able to see the hidden files and then delete suspicious files manually. If suppose the TDSS utility doesn’t work then download some anti malware and then I guess it would remove such things.