Thread: Getting error in SMTP: SMTP banner has no response.

Getting error in SMTP: SMTP banner has no response.

I have a purchased a laptop. I use internet in this laptop. Actually I use Outlook for checking the mail offline mode. Really I use too much outlook. But today I got a problem with this. I tried to solve this problem. I am getting unable to solve it. When I use this then it says “SMTP banner has no response”. What does it mean? Generally I see this error whenever I fire the query then MX record for my domain.

Re: Getting error in SMTP: SMTP banner has no response.

Attempt this. On your swap server, you will open a Command Prompt and then you will write the command telnet <servername> 25. Here <servername> is the NetBIOS name of your server. You should find the Microsoft ESMTP banner come back to you (then you will write quit to finish the session). If your MX record indicated straight to your swap server, you should have obtained the similar reply from an outside system connecting with a TCP 25 session. Since you do not find that, it appears logical that you are indicating to a few other systems, either a gateway or forwarder for example a firewall or router, or that some 3rd-party tool on the server is replying to the session.

Yes I am utilizing DNS forwarding. My firewall means public side IP address is what replies to the MX question. Then my firewall paths it (NAT) to my swap server in house. When I used the telnet I did obtain the ESMTP banner from inside. But I am not sure about this why it would not demonstrate from the outside but maybe it is because the firewall IP address is all you are assumed to observe? I am sort of new to this. So you should do this.

I want to know something to you. Is the firewall network address translation a new thing? Are you confident you are allocating port 25 traffic in both paths via the network address translation (NAT)? You can turn on SMTP logging at your swap server. That will tell you if the connection is being prepared and what your server is transferring in reply. So it is very necessary for you for looking this. If your both paths are correct via network address translation directions then you will able fix this problem.

We network address translation directions (NAT) the whole thing that punches our public side IP address. I got that in fact I had indicated it towards the incorrect public side IP address; then you utilized my checkpoint IP address for a few reason OOPS. Anyway I did find an ESMTP reply locally from my server. Therefore at this time I just want to utilize the exact public side IP address for my server this time. I hope this will give some help.

I would like to tell you that this may be a problem if you do not need the version of the SMTP service that is running continuous on your server to be showed. You will delete the version information from the Windows 7 SMTP banner. You can follow the following steps. Utilizing a metabase IDE such as MetaEdit, place the following file. You write the command Lm/Smtpsvc/virtual server port number
    1. First of all you will press edit, and then you will press New, and then after you will press String.
    2. Validate that the entry into ID box is additional, and then write 36907 on the right side of the ID box.
    3. Then you will in the Data box, write the banner that you need to be showed.
    4. Then after you will stop, and then resume the SMTP virtual server.

Yes, I am telling that I have same problem and how did I solve it. My ISP permits inbound SMTP messages; I have an execution SMTP server on the other side of ISA. I consider I have part of the crisis solved. My consideration was that a new Network Interface card (NIC) to the external network was required/would assist performance. When I stopped that card and combine the SMTP ip address to the original card then I found two occasion log messages that confirmed the SMTP server filter has now been practicable. From the outer in I can currently Telnet and observe the SMTP server (I still cannot do this from within my network at the back the ISA???). The difficulty is that I cannot find validated. The SMTP server (IIS 6.0) is setup for necessary Authentication with XXX. We are set of connections to utilize NTLMv2 - I surprise if I want to open one or more other ports, but which ones?