Thread: New media server is showing all devices on old media server.

New media server is showing all devices on old media server.

As the title suggesting itself what I wanted to ask over here. Well I am having an issue with the New media sever which I have purchased. I have noticed that the all the device of the New media server is showing into the old media server of mine. I have searched on the google to get the requirement but there was nothing available which I can use to fix the matter of mine. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: New media server is showing all devices on old media server.

Well I want to some more information to figure out the thing. Let me know which version of the server do you have installed on the computer? Can you tell me the previous version of the server which was having? Do you have imported all the database on the computer of yours? so answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can tell you further steps for troubleshooting.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should simply edit the BEDB. Why I am suggesting that you should try the same and remove all the old entries from the computer of yours. so you should try the same and let me know whether it is working or not. If you are having any query then feel free to ask the same I will definitely assist you.

Well whenever you restart the backup the exec service on the computer then the device would not be connected offline. If you have found backup job to the old devices assign to the devices which are online. Once the process is gets completed you need to right click on the device and you have to remove the same from the console. So try the thing which I have mentioned over here. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well I have managed to fix the matter of mine. Well I have simply recreated the jobs and the selection list from the system of mine. I have also done the documented with all the configuration. So you can try with the recreating the job and the selection list. I am hoping that it would be helpful to fix the matter of mine.

Well I want to say thanks to all the people who have replied with me possible solution to fix the matter of mine. I want to appreciate your efforts which you have put into to fix the matter of mine. Now I am not have any issue which I have mentioned over here in this particular thread. Again I wanted to say thanks to all the guys for helping me out.