Thread: From where to delete tracking cookies in Windows 7

From where to delete tracking cookies in Windows 7

Hello guys, Recently, I upgraded my desktop PC and installed Windows 7 OS in it. Before starting up with Windows 7, I used to work a lot in Windows 98 OS, so I am kind off newbie with Windows 7. Actually I was interested in knowing, where the tracking cookies get stored in Windows 7 system? Are they good or bad for our system? Because if they were bad, than I could delete them from my system and get rid of them permanently. Windows 7 seems to be so confusing at the moment, unlike Windows 98, where we had to just visit the temp file and delete it. Please help.

Re: From where to delete tracking cookies in Windows 7

Follow is the folder path, where you can find the saved tracking cookies in your system:
    Code:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
    But in most of the cases, the cookies file are hidden and need to be unhide. So you should go to the folder options by clicking on View in the Windows folders menu bar. Uncheck the 'hide protected files' / 'show hidden files' check box to unhide the hidden files and folders in your system. A tracking cookie is nothing but a cookie which keeps a detailed record and tracks the browsing behaviors of any user. So, sometimes it can prove to be little risky if the system is shared among many users.

If you are having a personal computer and you are sure that no one else will be accessing your system and also you are using a secure connection along with a good Antivirus then most probably you don’t need to worry about anything. And not all the cookies are bad. Some of the Cookies store your important data like the saved ID and password. But if you really wish to delete them, so you can use any Third party software which is capable of deleting any hidden files including the cookies.

You can delete cookies, temp files, cache, or any other files and folders in your system by using the third party software called CCleaner. It is one of the most popular applications which is used to delete files and free up your disk space. And the best advantage of using CCleaner is that it a free software unlike pthers which are paid ones and don’t even provide all the required features. So I would recommend you to search for CCleaner on Internet and download the file from the official website of CCleaner and install it in your system. Once done with installation, run the application to enjoy the features.

Thank you all for your suggestions, They all were very helpful. To start with, first of all I navigated to the path mentioned in the first post, but was unable to find cookies in the following path. Later I followed what was suggested in the above post and downloaded and installed the CCleaner application in my system. And luckily now I am able to delete those cookies, temp and other unwanted files from my system. But now I have got one more query. I wanted to know whether the CCleaner work well with the new forever cookies (Evercookies)?

I have been using CCleaner from a pretty long time and have used it to delete Cookies from my system. But I am not sure about the forever cookies (the Evercookies) which you have mentioned. Actually never came across anything like that all this months. So, can’t say anything about this thing. But you should definitely try CCleaner to delete them. As CCleaner is such a powerful tool, it might be having the power to delete it. If not then you can search for other applications which can help you achieve what you are wish to.

I have been using "BleachBit" application from a pretty long time to clean up all the unnecessary stored files from my system. So, I would recommend you to download the latest available version of BleachBit software from Internet and install it in your system. BleachBit is a very powerful application and it is capable of completely removing the 'Evercookies'. So you can use BleachBit in your system but make sure you know it very well, what you are removing.