Thread: Router Password has been reset and thus cannot login

Router Password has been reset and thus cannot login

We are having the network setup at our office and all the things are configured through router. Recently I just tried to update the firmware of the router, but after this the problem occurred was that I wasn’t able to login to the router settings page because the password has been reset. I have tried the default password of my belkin router but didn’t work. So if I reset whole router then I am worried that would it also remove the firmware which I just updated and also would the internet settings from my router would get set to null.

Re: Router Password has been reset and thus cannot login

I could provide you with some of the information related to the router. As you have updated the firmware of the router and if the firmware updating process was successful and if now you try to reset the router then according to me the firmware would not get removed. So you can try for the same by resetting the router and then look for the firmware again. I am not sure about the settings whether that would remain on the router, but firmware would be remaining in the router.

If the password is reset then it would have definitely got reset to the default password. So try to insert the default password of your Belkin router. If you don’t know that according to me the default login details for this router is: login name is admin, and the password is root. So do try inserting this login details. Also I guess if you would reset the router then the internet settings which are configured in the router would get removed so make a note of these settings of the router.

I would like to know how the password got reset. I haven’t observed such a situation it would be better if you tell me exactly how it happened. Of course by knowing the exact details, you would definitely get the help as required. If you want to reset the router then you have to hold on the Reset button for more than 30 seconds and this button you can find on the back of the router. But as it would remove the settings of the router so you should backup all the settings and then do the same.

Well I would tell you the exact things that I did. As you all told to try for the default login details, so I did the same and still I was not able to login using that. I don’t want to reset the router now because I don’t have any backup of the internet settings. Actually my administrator is out of town and he knows every about this well, but in absence of him I just tried to update the firmware of my router and then suddenly after restart I was not able to access the router settings page as the password was reset.

Well I am getting something clear about your query after your this reply. I think the update process of firmware was successful, and this might have changed the password of the router. You should try to ring your administrator and tell him the above things. He would know these settings, or you can do one thing is that perform the router reset after your administrator returns and then you can reset the router and then tell the administrator to configure for internet settings again.

If you are in hurry and if you want to access the router page anyhow then you should reset your router now and then this would allow you to access the settings page. Now in order if you want the internet settings then you call your ISP and he would provide you with the needed settings. The problem of password reset might have caused because of updating of firmware, but this always set the password to the default. So the password would be the default one or the new default password which might have set by Belkin, so you could get the same by going to the Belkin support site and they would have list the password for the update firmware of the router.