Thread: Unable to start multistream job after resuming from the suspend state

Unable to start multistream job after resuming from the suspend state

well I have installed Windows Server 2003 EEx64. We have enabled Multistream. However it did not seems to be working after resume into the Suspend mode. The Parent job is staying into the Queue and childjobs show into the suspend state. MPX level= 32 is set to all the jobs and still there is not able to write the along with the few backup jobs which are running. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to start multistream job after resuming from the suspend state

Well according to me storage unit is seems to be unable to allocate the drives for the job. Can you tell me what resource are unavailable as far as NB is concerned? Are they mounted appropriately so that it can resume the job? Is there anything like loaded tape on the system of yours? so answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can let you know about the possible solution to fix the matter of yours.

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to launch the Activity Monitor and you have to click on the Jobs tab.
    • Now you have to select the Suspended or the incomplete jobs which you are looking to resume.
    • You have to select the Actions and click on the Resume Job.

So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well you have used the job suspend and resume then I am sure there would be checkpoint enabled. Well it takes a moment before the nbrb releases resources it only checks periodically for all the available resources. You can check the thing into the output of the nbrbutil –dump. MDS allocation would be listed into the bottom of the output. You can release the same by using the 'nbrbutil -releaseMDS <mdsAlocationKey>'.

I want to tell you something which would be useful to make the thing working for you. MDS allocation into the EMM is showing allocations for the other jobs which are running on the drive. I am really scared about the thing that release the MDS allocation which activates the jobs allocated for the media would be get cancelled. NBU always needs one drive free for running and resuming the job to the original drive.

By default the checkpoint interval time is consist of the 15 minutes. The real time backup and suspended multi stream jobs would remain into the queue until and unless other drive gets totally free. Or it could be multiplexing rather than of the multistreaming on the computer of yours. you should try with starting and suspending the multistream parent and resume and see whether you can see any difference in the situation.