Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011

How to Backup EV 9.0?

Well I am having EV 9.0 environment and it was prompting that I need to use backup by using the NetBackup agent. The SQL database is backed using native SQL maintenance plans. Let me know can I backup the rest of the EV app by using the NBU agent and leave the SQL backup into the place. So how can I use to same to get the requirement of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 03-06-2011

Re: How to Backup EV 9.0?

You should be fine to choosing the option which you wanted to use the backup. Well I let you know that you should be co ordinate the timing of the database which should be back up at the same time with rest of the EV. As far as I know it is well known as directives in terms of the NBU policy. Also you need to see that the DB is seems to be backed up while EV is into the backupmode. So consider the point which I have mentioned over here.
Old 03-06-2011

Let me know whether you are having any strong reason to use agent to the backup for the EV DBS? Why I am asking because you should be sure about the backup job into the SQL which is triggered by the EV backup. For example you can say prescript would trigger the job into the SQL. Also you might required to read on the different kind of the directives since some of would be already included by the database. For example Open partition directive might be include the vaultstore database.
Old 03-06-2011

The main thing which you should consider reply with the EV agent which keep into the DB. So that you don?t need to use the scripts which simply come along with the requirement of all the DB. So if you are looking for the disaster recovery so you need to be sure that each component are seems to be consistent with the other parts. If you are not supposed to use the EV agent then DB backup are not seems to be use the EV agent.
Old 03-06-2011

The Enterprise Vault agent is the part of the NetBackup client software. The NetBackup client software must be installed on the every system which are either hosts enterprise or Enterprise Vault Server. You will need a NBU agent for the SQL even I am backing the SQL databases up by using the SQL. You should also have the agent or client to be installed on the computer of yours. it would not be any difference whether why it is used for and on which it is being installed.
Old 04-06-2011

I let you know that if you are not supposed to EV agent on the DB backup and I am unable to figure out whether there is an EV agent. Since you are having the control in some limit via taking backup through script. Otherwise I am not sure you will not be able to use the DB through the backup by using the Window as EV or into the Backupmode. I am hoping that you have figure out the thing which has been mentioned over here.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,