Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011

Unable to increase range of wireless internet connection

I am currently accessing a broadband service provided by TalkTalk and I utilize the modem which was supplied. I attempted to utilize a wireless connection from the router linked to the phone socket to my PC fitted with a USB adapter. The signal strength was very low for a consistent link, even though it works well when the router is shifted closer to the PC by means of a phone extension cable. I suppose that, I can use a few hardware that will resolve the difficulty and I have looked at other routers and wireless access point devices. Unluckily, I do not know what to search for in order to assess the suitability of these. Is anyone aware about such issue? If yes then please help me out.
Old 03-06-2011

Re: Unable to increase range of wireless internet connection

I am not aware about the issue that you have posted. The issue that you have posted is quite new to me. I am not used to issues related to internet. I am software professional and I don?t possess much knowledge internet related issues. I won?t be able to provide you the necessary suggestion that you require to overcome the issue. I will certainly try to get the suitable information for the issue that you have posted and will inform you about it later on. May be someone else can help you out this time.
Old 03-06-2011

It is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. I will try my level best to help you if possible. As you are not having enough technical knowledge due to this you are finding this issue even more difficult to overcome. To overcome the issue I would suggest you to connect high gain external aerial to both the router and PC. After you perform the changes that I have mentioned, the range of internet connection will definitely be increased and you won?t notice any issues here after.
Old 03-06-2011

As suggested by you I connected high gain external aerial to both the router and PC but it was of no use. I tried a lot to overcome the issue with the help of the other methods that I knew but it was just waste of time. The issue remained the same as it was initially. Are you aware about some other solutions to surmount the issue? If yes then please inform me about it. This issue has annoyed me a lot. I want to solve this issue as fast as possible
Old 03-06-2011

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. There can be many solutions to overcome the issue but I know only one solution to solve the issue. The exact solution for your difficulty is called power-line. Power-line normally increases signal potency from the power sockets. You will surely require one power-line for the router to plug in and another power-line for the other room where you are trying to get the signal. You will normally get it from the official website. Try this solution to overcome the issue.
Old 03-06-2011

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. Many people have discussed such issues with me before and it has been solved now. As per my knowledge and experience, you can easily increase signal strength in two major ways. The first way, is to enhance the voltage to your router antennas, which can be only be done using third party firmware for e.g. dd-wrt. The second way would be to acquire either an omni-directional or directional antenna and connect it to your network to improve signal strength.
Old 06-06-2011

i am very thankful responses and suggestions that you have given me to surmount the problem. Your suggestion helped me a lot to solve the issue. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. I performed all the steps that were mentioned by you in the previous post and it was successful. Now my issue is solved and will see to it that I won?t encounter such issues in future.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,