Thread: Unable to scan outgoings emails with AVG antivirus

Unable to scan outgoings emails with AVG antivirus

Hello guys, I am using AVG antivirus in my system which is running the Windows XP Service pack 3 OS in it. I wanted to find a solution for my problem. Recently I started facing this particular problem while using AVG in my system. Now, from yesterday, I am unable to scan any outgoing mails with the AVG installed in my system. Also I am unable to connect to send any messages as I am getting the error that SMTP server has failed. I am using Qwest Internet and Qwest email service. Please help me with the issue. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Unable to scan outgoings emails with AVG antivirus

I strongly feel that your system is under some kind of virus or other infection. And that is why your AVG antivirus is unable to scan your emails, outgoing mails to be specific. So, I would recommend you to please scan your system for the presence of any infected files, as soon as possible. You can scan your system either by using the installed antivirus or any other antivirus, or you can connect your system to Internet and perform online scanning of your entire system. Make sure that you are having a good Internet speed, and also remember to complete the scan.

Make sure you have not disabled the options of scanning the emails in your AVG. You can search for the same in setting panel of AVG. If you don’t find any kind of trouble with the usual settings, then the only thing which could probably solve your issue is uninstalling the AVG program from your system and reinstalling it in your system. This would probably reinstall the default settings of AVG in your system. Don’t forget to restart your system, whenever your system is asking you to do so.

Thank you, guys for your replies. I did exactly what you people asked me to do. I uninstalled the AVG installed in my system. Then I restarted my computer and then reinstalled the setup which I had. But unfortunately, it did not help me. I even scanned my entire system twice by using the Malwarebytes which was installed in my system. But luckily did not find any suspicious thing. So, what to do now? Please give me some more suggestions which you think could help me solve the issue.

Malwarebytes can be the reason behind this issue. Sometimes it happens that you end up installing two programs which might be having compatibility issue with each other. This will just hamper the performance of both the applications and degrade the performance of your system. So, you should make sure that, both AVG and Malwarebytes are compatible with each other. If possible uninstall the Malwarebytes program from your computer and then check out whether your AVG is causing the same issue or not.

Dude, you should update your Windows as well as AVG antivirus. Your AVG might be outdated ant that is why you are facing the issue while using AV in your system. You can update AVG either by starting the AVG GUI and clicking on the link to update the AVG virus definition as well as AVG program database. Or else you can also set the Automatic update option ON in your AVG program. This will make sure that your AVG is kept updated and your system is provided with maximum protection.

The AVG Antivirus which you have installed in your system might not be of the exact bit as of your Operating System. So i would suggest you visit the official website of AVG and download the AVG file which is of the the same bit as of your Operating System. Also make sure that you are downloaded from AVG trusted website only. This will make sure that you are not downloading and installing any corrupt file in your system

sammydose Guest

I did exactly what you people asked me to do. I always do such process for email. You must need a program like Thunderbird to pull the e-mails via POP3 or IMAP in your computer, if you want AVG scan for you. It should be noted that all major online e-mail hosts such as Hotmail and Gmail have incorporated anti-virus scanners.