Thread: Need information on network access control.

Need information on network access control.

Hi, I am doing MCA. This is my final year semester. I have a lot of interest in computer network. And also I have keen desire to know about the networking. I have planned this year I’ll give the CISO certification online test. But this test requires too much knowledge. That’s why I am preparing the network. Yesterday I have got a problem which is related to NAC. I don’t know about the NAC. So I want some information on NAC quarantine network. Please give me answer. And your answer will be given to value.

Re: Need information on network access control.

Well, your question a little bit of complicated. In sense NAC is a very big in syllabus. If you want to know then you can help internet. So I want to tell you in brief. It uses at some places. You can see in the below. you want explanation then you can search on the net. there's everything is available
    1. Classification of the devices
    2. Checking observance with the business security policy
    3. Depending on the result, the end device is permitted network access or put into quarantine
    4. After observance to the security policies is renovated, the end device is permitted access to applications and the business network.
    5. If the end device doesn’t observe, it is disconnected

According your problem I am telling you about the NAC. Network Access Control (NAC) is a computer networking explanation that utilizes set of protocols to describe and execute a rule that explains how to protected access to network nodes with the assist devices when they primarily try to access the network. NAC might put together the automatic improvement method (solving non-compliant nodes before permitting access) into the network systems, permitting the network communications such as routers, switches and firewalls to work mutually with headquarters servers and end user computing equipment to make sure the information system is in use securely before interoperability is permitted.

I think this is feasible, if you make a different scope for the quarantined network in the DHCP server and renew the similar in your networked switches. You can indicate fixed route in the system to reach to sepm. Sepm is called as Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Also you may want to allocate an extra IP address to SEPM also and to DHCP server also. I have not attempted this before and advise you to please check it in lab before submitting it in production environment. It is related to the NAC. If you will know about the quarantine then you will there NAC is very important that place.

NAC is a term explaining a variety of technologies developed to restrict access by end systems to the network supported on their “health.” The fundamental theory is that risky or susceptible (i.e., “unhealthy”) end systems should not be permitted to converse on the corporate network because they could create a security danger to serious processes and services. A NAC explanation would stop an harmful end system from accessing the network in a common way until the health of the end system is determined.

Thank you so much for helping me. Really it was very necessary for me. I read this topic in so many books. But everywhere it is describe in different language means in different manner. So I was very confused. But I want to know more about it. Really u explained very well. Please suggest me for good writer books. And also suggest me an online good tutorials. I want to learn more. I think now again you will help me. I am trying to get this these things.