Thread: Running 15dbi Omni Directional Antenna or ALFA Network 1w or 1000mw USB Campervan Project

Running 15dbi Omni Directional Antenna or ALFA Network 1w or 1000mw USB Campervan Project

Hi friends as you all can see that I have bought a new 15dbi Omni Directional Antenna, well you can also say Omni directional antenna or USB Campervan Project. It is basically a wireless LAN access point but there is a problem regarding the range. I have just bought a new one but I don’t there getting some sick range. I don’t know the reason behind this but need to solve as fast as possible. Please need help.

Re: Running 15dbi Omni Directional Antenna or ALFA Network 1w or 1000mw USB Campervan Project

See first, Alpha network or whatever you want to call it as consists of some serious increase. As you might know that laptops get 1 network when present at home and with good strengthen connections. Sometimes there are several issues regarding this range problem but it can be sorted out. When I connected it with my USB card and antenna I was getting 29 networks. It was just amazing. Well you can try this out.

Re: Running 15dbi Omni Directional Antenna or ALFA Network 1w or 1000mw USB Campervan Project

Good idea too. You are thinking of borrowing peoples open networks when you're away from home / on holiday? There BTFON and other expenses paid wifi networks also broadcast as you can afford that kind of thing. You'd be surprised the amount of open networks out there. I can also crack WEP, but I'd rather not. I'm not just doing a little browsing, nothing underhand, so I had a smaller antenna on my last trip, but needed more extensive.

Yes, that's a good idea. Could do with something like this coupling. "I can ask why Omni-directional? I'm getting old images of indoor antennas moving about to get the black and white TV. Would not it be a grid antenna or a dish best? Or are they less capable because they are covering a wider range or something? I am by no means saying you're wrong, I do not really understand enough about networking etc dB and I can only do so with the knowledge of what is best so if I get one, I get the right kind of things.

I had an address but got fed up with parking and swivels around in the roof to find a network, so with this let me 360 degrees and the test without errors. DBi Directional like for like it goes further than this, but at a cost of being more of a pain in my situation. The cost is very high and I cannot afford it. I don’t know is there some other way to sort this out or else I have to find some solution for this. Let’s hope for good.

Well I think I misunderstood Omni directional. I just meant that only RX / TX in one direction. I guess so, you're saying, but that direction is all right? I thought that with Omni-directional, which had to specifically point. It certainly seems worth doing. Could solve the first GPS satellite DVB or however. I don’t know whether this work or not but let’s hope for something good.

Well I don’t have much knowledge about this and I am new here. I just signed to ask where the antenna is brought up. The only place I can find for sale is a U.S. site. Same site that brought the 9 dB small antenna for Alpha. Arrived safely, but not as powerful as I would. I really love to get one of the antennas over his place, despite its large size. You can try and I really hope this work out for you.