Thread: MS outlook not sending email after Free AVG AntiVirus 2011 Edition

MS outlook not sending email after Free AVG AntiVirus 2011 Edition

There are 2 regarding the Free AVG Anti-Virus 2011 Edition. The first one is MS Outlook will not receive otherwise send email and the second one is all my Email on Gmail client is showing in Trash rather than the Inbox. Everything was perfect before the installation of AVG 2011 but now it is causing the entire Email client and makes it unable to send and receive Email. I thought that it could protect my Email client from spam and threats but here it is doing different thing. What should I need to configure in MSI setting in order to resolve this problem.

Re: MS outlook not sending email after Free AVG AntiVirus 2011 Edition

Under the default settings at the end of each email message received a notice placed AVG, called certification. This addition seems more like advertising and might as well be disabled: select the menu bar Tools, Advanced Settings, and tab E-mail Scanner, Certification sub tab, clear the Incoming e-mails from certification. Outgoing e-mail need not be checked (which can only cause problems), E-mail Scanner tab, the option is checked Outgoing remain disabled.

If you use a mail client and POP3/SMTP/IMAP a problem routing of your emails or if you want to disable the Personal E-mail Scanner for any reason, follow these steps:
    • Open AVG - menu Tools - Advanced Settings
    • Click nodes Scanner e-mail - Servers

POP3 - AutoPOP3
    - Clear the Enable this server and use it for sending and receiving emails.
    SMTP - AutoSMTP
    IMAP - AutoIMAP
    In this way, the incoming and outgoing messages will no longer be analyzed

I think that the issue might be regarding the certification of the message.
    To enable or disable the insertion of a certification test AVG Free your incoming or outgoing messages, follow these steps:
    • Free Open AVG by double-clicking the AVG icon located on the desktop or system tray.
    • Open the Tools menu -> Advanced Settings.
    • In the left tree, click the option E-mail Scanner -> Certification.
    • Enable or disable Certify e-mail for incoming or outgoing.
    • Save the settings using the OK button

In some cases, certification cannot be added to an e-mail, even if it is authorized: A digital signature is present in the mail (certified signature damage). In MS Oulook, e-mails empty RTF and HTML are not certified due to a technical limitation.

Once AVG Free Edition installed on your PC when you install a new mail client supported, it is necessary to add the appropriate plug-in using the most up-to-date installation file of AVG Free Edition. Afterward run the downloaded file, select Add / Remove Features, and after that go to the screen of accessible components. Choose the plug-in intended for your latest mail client and complete the process.

There have been issue in AVG 2011 antivirus program either the free version or the Pro version (Paid version). Later the AVG itself has announced that there is a bug in the program which is causing the outlook to do different. It also blocks the incoming and outgoing mails. Now I think that this issue has been fixed but still there is no news or reports about that. On the other hand I didn’t think that the AVG could cause the Emails inside the Gmail. It is not possible to move the Inbox mails to trash by an antivirus program. Still I will look for it anyhow.

Sometime you cannot send and receive email from Outlook when you have installed the AVG antivirus. This issue is related to the SMTP server. Your SMTP server has not responded to X seconds. This issue is related to a timeout too short server in Outlook Express. To resolve this.
    • Open Outlook Express.
    • Click the Tools menu at the top of the Outlook Express window, then click Accounts.
    • Choose the account you want to extend the expiration time and click Properties.
    • Open the Advanced tab.
    • Drag the slider under Server Timeouts to increase the timeout value.
    • Click OK to save these settings.