Thread: Email clients settings for AVG Personal email scanner

Email clients settings for AVG Personal email scanner

Currently I have got the AVG antivirus 2011. Along with this I got a utility called the AVG Personal e-mail scanner. This is a very good utility and with good protection aspect. The thing is I use outlook as well as another third party email client. Sometime I use Yahoo mail or Gmail without any reason. What I need to know is configure or add the E-mail client’s settings for AVG Personal e-mail scanner. Without the settings I heard that this scanner or utility could cause many issues to the user. So to avoid this I must know the settings required for email clients.

Re: Email clients settings for AVG Personal email scanner

If you use a POP3/SMTP mail client and a problem of delivery of your e-mails or if you want to disable the Personal E-mail Scanner for any reason, follow these steps:
    • Go to the AVG User Interface.
    • In the peak menu Tools, choose Advanced Settings.
    • Set out to E-mail Scanner branch to spread out it.
    • Choose Servers.

POP3 -> AutoPOP3
    Clear the “Enable this server and use it to receive messages”.
    SMTP -> AutoSMTP
    Clear the “Enable this server and use it to send messages”.
    In this method, the incoming as well as outgoing messages will no longer be scanned.

AVG Personal Email Scanner as well as AVG plugin for Microsoft Outlook together is capable to certify e-mail messages. But, while receiving Digitally Signed otherwise encrypted messages, certified text will modify the message. To let alone this, please turn off certified tea. Follow these steps:
    • On AVG interface click Tools within the top menu and choose Advanced Settings.
    • In the left hierarchy choose E-mail Scanner.
    • In the right pane, uncheck Certify e-mail (incoming and outgoing together for check)
    • Click OK.

This will put out of action certification text for e-mails. E-mails are "still checked for the attendance of malware and You Will Be up to date about" whichever detection.

Start the installation wizard AVG from the downloaded file and choose "Add or Remove Features". Let us guide you to the window "Select Components" and uncheck (white box) the option "Scan e-mail" and then continue the installation. This will uninstall the scanner e-mail. Now check the correct configuration of your mail accounts, including the names of pop and smtp servers, and the associated ports. Now add the servers to the AV G according to your needs. You can create any new server other than defaults one.

If you are using Ms outlook then you don’t need to place or configure any kind of settings for AVG personal email scanner utility. If you want to use different Email client then you will surely need to configure the AVG according to your needs or by default. However you can modify the present email settings. You can disable or enable protection, certification and more. As for the Gmail client there is slight different setting which is somewhat differ from others. For more information it would be better if you visit the AVG support forum site. There you will get all kind of settings.

If you are using the AVG 2011 free edition in which it has AVG personal email scanner then you don’t need to worry about the much complicated settings required for the Email clients. There you will get only few setting which you can configure easily. If you are using Paid version or AVG pro then there you will get slight more settings. However I didn’t use the AVG pro yet but if you are on Paid version then you will get the direct support or technical support from AVG customer service either via email or Phone.

No matter what Email client you use it doesn’t matter for an AVG email scanner unless if you didn’t put any proper settings which is needed for that client. AS you know that the AVG already include 3 popular email server settings inside it which you don’t need to reconfigure it again. However if you are using other than these servers otherwise if your third party email client is using different mail server then you must need to add in the AVG settings. Otherwise you will not able to work in that client.