Thread: Explain IP Address and Real IP as well as their difference

Explain IP Address and Real IP as well as their difference

I would like to know something related to networking. Recently I am learning networking from an institute and till now I thought that the IP address that we are having or we have set to our computer are actual IP. If we set that IP fixed then I thought it would be same and anyone can get into my computer if I provide him this fix IP to access data. But then I heard about the IP address as well as Real IP address. I am getting more confused on this. So please provide me information on this.

Re: Explain IP Address and Real IP as well as their difference

Yes there is much difference between these IP address. I would like to clear you more on this. You are having an IP address on your computer and you would term it as Private IP address. Again most of newbie thinks that only IP addresses as with your case. But there is one more IP which is assigned by the internet service provider to you. This IP address provided by an ISP is called as public IP because of internet. So I guess it would make you somewhat clear.

I would like to give more names to these IP so that if someone tells you that particular names then you don’t get confuse amongst them. An IP which is used for your LAN, then that IP would be used on your private network and each computer on the network would have an IP address so in that case it would be termed as Local IP, Private IP, and Internal IP. If suppose any computer is connected to internet then all these IP would be termed as External IP, Public IP or Real IP.

It is normal that you may know the IP address of your computer by going through the properties of network adapter or else you could give a command in DOS and then obtain the IP address of the computer. You sometimes must be thinking that how to know the Real IP of the computer then if it is the same thing then you could know your real IP by going to the search string website or use Google and search for that and then you would definitely get that.

One thing I would like to tell you that when you go through these websites then you would find the real IP address as well as you can even get more details on that IP address. So do go and acquire more knowledge from there as it would worth you in increasing your knowledge. The internet would definitely help you in this case as well as you may search on this forums site to know more about the IP address. This concept is much deep and as you get inside then you would learn more things related to it.

A public IP address is assigned to each computer that connects to the Internet and there each IP is unique. Therefore there are no two computers with the identical public IP address across the Internet. This addressing scheme permits computers to meet online for the purpose of information exchange. The user has no control over the IP address (public) assigned to your computer. The public IP address is assigned to the computer through the Internet service provider as almost immediately as the system is linked to the Internet gateway.

An IP address is regarded as private if the IP number for one of IP address series is set aside for private networks, such as a local area network (LAN). Private IP addresses are used for the numbering of the nodes on a private network together with residence, college and LAN in airports and hotel industry that permit computers on the network to communicate. Devices with private IP addresses don’t connect openly to the Internet. Similarly, the nodes exterior to the local network cannot connect straight way to a device with a private IP.