Thread: Unable to Install/Uninstall/Update AVG 2011

Unable to Install/Uninstall/Update AVG 2011

Please help me!! It’s urgent. I have started facing this annoying problem with AVG in my system with Windows 7 OS. I recently tried installing AVG 2011 antivirus in my system. It got installed but was not working, So, I tried uninstalling it, but to my surprise, I was unable to do that as well. I am also not able to update the AVG antivirus. This is really irritating me. I am neither able to use the AVG nor I am able to uninstall it. Please help me to solve my issue. Your suggestions will be appreciated, so please feel free to post your quality replies.

Re: Unable to Install/Uninstall/Update AVG 2011

You might be having some other antivirus application already installed in your system. So, it is possible that you are facing some kind of compatibility issue while you are trying to install AVG 2011 in your system. So I would recommend you to make sure that you have not installed any other antivirus or antispyware in your system. If you have installed one and you wish to install AVG antivirus as well then first uninstall the other antivirus from your system, restart your system and then install AVG.

You have mentioned that you installed the antivirus but after installing you were unable to use AVG properly, so it might be possible that you might have installed some corrupt files of AVG. So I would suggest you to download a fresh setup of AVG from the official website of AVG and install it in your system. To update the AVG, just start AVG and click on the Update Program Definition option to update the antivirus. Make sure that you have kept your system connected to Internet, to update your AVG.

I would recommend you to use any third party software to uninstall AVG or any other application from your system. I have used CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities to remove/uninstall any application from your system. You can also use the same software to even edit the registry entries, thus making it possible for users to get rid of even the registry entries of those applications, which you wish to, uninstall. You can search for the same on Internet. Download the setup of CCleaner or TuneUp utilities from the official websites of the respective software.

Before installing/uninstalling/updating AVG antivirus you should make sure that you have logged in using the Administrator account or any other user account which is having full administrative rights. If you are using any other antivirus, antispyware or if you are having parental controls then I would suggest you to make sure that you have disabled them. Because many times, these few things could create problems while you are installing/uninstalling AVG or any other application.

I used AVG uninstall/cleanup utility called AVG Remover for uninstalling AVG from my system. It can easily remove all the installation files of AVG, related registry items, user files from your system. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS in your system then you must make sure that you are right-clicking the AVG Remover file and choose “Run as Administrator”. Click on the below provided link to download AVG Remover 32-bit or 64-bit according to your requirements.
    AVG Remover 32-bit
    AVG Remover 64-bit

Dude, I just came across this particular post in the TechArena forum which had explained the process of uninstalling the AVG from your system in a very simple way. So, I would recommend you to visit the following link Uninstall the AVG antivirus from your system and read the steps which are mentioned in the post. Make sure you are following as it is mentioned and restart your system whenever it is prompted to do so.