Thread: Web Pages (Scripts) are not running because of AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield

Web Pages (Scripts) are not running because of AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield

Hello all, I recently started facing this weird problem in my system which is running Windows XP OS and AVG installed in it for protecting my system from viruses. Recently I have come across the fact that the AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield is not allowing me to visit few pages, mostly scrip pages, as it is not running them properly. Anyone else facing the same issue with their AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield? Please help me resolve this issue because this is truly annoying me. Feel free to post your replies.

Re: Web Pages (Scripts) are not running because of AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield

According to me there is some kind of issue with your AVG antivirus which you have installed in your system. It might be possible that the AVG files have got corrupted because of some reason, which is preventing you to view those Web pages (scripts) properly. Thus, you should uninstall the AVG from your system completely and then reinstall it back in your system. Make sure you are restarting your system in between these two processes. Also, it would be better if you download the latest AVG and install it in your system.

You might be facing the issue if your AVG is not updated. Make sure that you always keep your Windows as well as AVG antivirus updated. An updated AVG will always provide you with maximum protection. Also keep a check on your system by performing Full system scan after every periodic interval of time. This will assure that you are keeping your system protected from new virus attacks which might occur in your system and corrupt your important files.

According to me, it might happen that you must have done some setting in your AVG which is causing the LinkScanner Surf-Shield to prevent the user, in this case you to visit few of the web pages which contains Scripts. So I would suggest you to check the settings for your AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield and make sure that no such kind of settings is applied which would prevent you from visiting any such web pages with scripts. It found any, change the settings to solve your issue.

I also faced this kind of problem, where I was unable to visit few websites/ web pages as they were blocked by AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. This was happening because I was trying to visit website which contained malicious data and files. Thus AVG was preventing us to visit such web pages to avoid getting my system infected by any kind of viruses, Trojans or malicious germs. So, I am assuming that you might be trying to visit such websites, which is why AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield is preventing those pages to run properly in your system.

I have come across this workaround which solves the issue. What you need to do is disable the AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield component. You can perform this by following the below steps:
    • Start AVG program.
    • Double-click on the LinkScanner component.
    • Uncheck the Enable Surf-Shield check box
    • Finally click on Save changes to save the settings.

Good news guys. The problem is finally solved. It feels very good to inform you that you can solve the issue by upgrading your programs version of your AVG 2011 antivirus. I have come across the news that most of the known problems got fixed after you have done the Program update AVG 2011 free 10.0.1152. And other remaining problems got solved with other Program update, AVG 2011 Free 10.0.1170. So make sure you update your AVG as soon as possible to its latest available update.