Thread: Linda has assigned the job of connecting five computers to a network but only 3 network jacks

Linda has assigned the job of connecting five computers to a network but only 3 network jacks

I have a doubt in my mind that Linda has assigned the job of connecting five computers to a network. The room holding the five computers has three network jacks that connect to a switch in an electrical closet down the hallway. Linda decides to install a second switch in the room. The new switch has four network ports. She uses one port to connect the switch to a wall jack. Now she has five ports available(two wall jacks and three switch ports).While installing and configuring the NICs in the five computers, she discovers that the PCs connected the two wall jacks work fine, but the three connected to the switch refuse to communicate with the network. What could be wrong and what should she try next? Please help me in solving this question.

Re: Linda has assigned the job of connecting five computers to a network but only 3 network jacks

I would like to recommend you that in this case I think that you need a router rather than 2 switches hooked together like that. If the computer has newer network interface controller this is a kind of thing with 2 Ethernet ports you could connect them all together and just plug one of them into the wall port. Or do one thing figure out a way to run all the cables to the closet and just install a bigger switch in the closet.

Re: Linda has assigned the job of connecting five computers to a network but only 3 network jacks

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the question and the suggestion given to you the suggestions are quite systematic and I would like to recommend you that I assume that there is a communication failure between the switches. I hope that you are fully agree with the solution given to you.

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that try connecting one of the non-working computers to a wall jack. If that works, then the problem is the switch or the cable connecting the switch to the wall jack. Try using a patch cable for the connection. I hope you like my suggestion.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the question and the suggestions given to you I was also suffering from the same Scenario so I want to suggest you that I would after seeing the topic I have searched for the topic and I got the videos on Google .I myself saw the video and in the videos it is explained very systematically I surely say that it is very well displayed and it is very easy to understand the contents of the video. I hope you like my post and it proves useful to you it is very truthful.