Thread: Is there a need of SEP with Symantec Mail Security 6.5?

Is there a need of SEP with Symantec Mail Security 6.5?

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope that things going well. Basically, I am planning to deploy Mail Security 6.5 for my Exchange 2010 surrounding. Now, the query that strikes me is that will I still be required to install SEP on the Exchange servers? Please advise what should I do. Thanks a lot people on a prior notice as I indeed appreciate it that you will be taking out time and answering my post.

Re: Is there a need of SEP with Symantec Mail Security 6.5?

I do not distinguish any motivation to install SEP in case it is a enthusiastic mail server. If truth is be told, you will be required to configure SEP to keep out Mail Security installation folder along with a number of Exchange system files otherwise things might go extreme. However, if SEP is essential, because If malware puts the complete Microsoft Exchange server out of action, no mail at all will get in the course of the organization. Hence, both the scenarios are important.

I have observed many scenarios where an unprotected Windows Operating System was negotiated by a variety of intimidation. Just from the standpoint of discretion, that is a tragedy for a company. If an unidentified party has admission to each and every copy of mail , by that I mean interior and exterior customer information, that have passed through an Exchange server, there are somber implications for downstream legal responsibility or you can say accountability.

SEP will intentionally keep out the Exchange directories in addition to Mail Security's temp directory consequently that is not a apprehension. There are some accurate documents which can be found on internet in order to be certain that SEP is the mere one running Liveupdate if this is an Exchange 2003 server. A 64-bit server will require containing Mail Security running its own Liveupdate in view of the fact that it does not have the capability to share with SEP devoid of a extraordinary script being run.

Hello.I am fine and hoping even you doing well. I would like to say that Configuring and keeping out the Symantec Mail safety measures for Microsoft Exchange in addition to whichever Symantec Endpoint fortification otherwise Symantec Antivirus Corporate version are installed in somebody's company. On a whole, I powerfully advocate that SEP is used in conjunction with SMSMSE. The two products are intended to work in concert. I hope this helps.