Thread: Unable to login in Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

Unable to login in Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

I have installed the Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition in my server. I am facing one problem with my system from last one month. Whenever I start management console and enter the admin name and password at that time it is log in normally but after some seconds it automatically log out and bring me to login screen. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to login in Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

I have read your post and I understand your problem. First of all I would like to tell you to check few things. First confirm that you have edited the host file. After that you have to check that whether you have added your server name and IP address or not? You have to also make sure that all the Symantec folders have full control. First of all check all this tings and after that let me know whether you are facing the same problem or not?

I have gone through your issue and if you don’t know about find the host file then I have answer for that. You can find that folder in your windows folder and after that go in to the system32 folder in system32 folder you will find the drivers folder in that folder you can find that file. I hope after doing that you will be able to find the host file and you will be able to fix the issue. If you still finding any difficulty then let me know so I can give you more solution regarding that.

If you still finding the same problem after doing all the above steps then I think you should try to perform this steps for your problem. First open the internet explorer in your system and after that in URL you have to type http://localhost:8014. After typing that press enter. If you get login screen after that then you have to try to login from there and if you still get the same problem after that then let me know. I think this trick will easily fix your issue.

I have tried to solve the problem by following above steps nut after trying above steps also I am facing the same issue. I tried to solve the problem by editing the host file and after that I also add the server name and IP address but that trick didn’t make any difference for me. After that I also tried to fix the problem by trying to login according to above post. But at that time I didn’t get any login screen. Now I don’t have any idea to solve this issue. Please reply me if anyone have any solution.

If you are not able to fix this problem by doing above mentioned setting and if you are still not able to login properly then I think you have try to fix the problem bt this solution. First uninstall the Symantec from your system and after that install it again in your system properly. I think after doing that you will be able to login properly in your system and after that you will not face any difficulty with your system. If you still finding any issues then let me know.