Thread: vmoprcmd shows Media server as OFFLINE

vmoprcmd shows Media server as OFFLINE

Now I hope that everybody know about the Symantec Endpoint management and virtualization. There the server system utilizes the different kind of commands to ensure the security of servers and network. The problem in my case is the backups are fault in favor of one of the media servers and while i carry out vmoprcmd it displays like the media server is in OFFLINE mode. I can see that the media server is powered up and am running the command from it. What could be the problem?

Re: vmoprcmd shows Media server as OFFLINE

While EMM doesn’t gets any connection from media server, there are could be several chances that for EMM to demonstrate Media server like OFFLINE.
    • You must end the Netbackup service
    • Kill the PBX - "/opt/VRTSpbx/bin/vxpbx_exchanged stop"
    • Begin PBX - "/opt/VRTSpbx/bin/vxpbx_exchanged start"
    • Now launch the Netbackup service.

Furthermore verify the bp.conf file. If this didn’t help you then attempt running 'vmoprcmd -activate_host -h <media server name>' command on top of the master server. I've had the problem not many times and this looks like to fix it

In my case this was occurred only one time as there was no communication or connection between the EMM as well as NBU4 host. What you have to do is post a output of below command on the Symantec site.
    Code:
    <install path>\verits\netbackup\bin\admincmd#nbemmcmd -getemmserver
    If NBU4 exposed offline during over command in that case verify connectivity among master & NBU4 (situate FQDN within to host file). If all fails in that case get rid of NBU from NBU4 and re-install it over again. I expect lastly it will work

The media server that went off offline, has disk storage component? If yes, in that case media server that is not quick as much as necessary to clear out the disk, therefore it turns filled and gets the server toward offline. Make sure the RE_READ_INTERVAL rate inside bp.conf file and set toward default 300 Seconds if it’s fewer.
    Code:
    RE_READ_INTERVAL = 300

While adding a media server toward an obtainable master server, run nbemmcmd -addhost to put in the host to the enterprise media manager (EMM) database.

In think that beginning with NetBackup 6.0, the procedure intended for toting up a fresh media server to an obtainable NetBackup environment needs the following extra step: following adding up an access intended for the media server on the way to the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file otherwise Windows registry, the nbemmcmd -addhost command should besides be run. This command will put in the media server in the direction of the enterprise media manager (EMM) server arrangement. On one occasion this is complete, media as well as devices can be assembled on the media server.

It is suggested to put in whichever recognized media servers while prompted for the duration of the installation of NetBackup 6.0. This will involuntarily append the media servers toward the EMM server set up for the period of the installation. Whichever media servers formed following the installation will need running nbemmcmd -addhost physically, besides the additional steps required to adjoin a Media Server to an accessible NetBackup 6.0 atmosphere. Other than this there is plenty steps which you must accomplish. To get more information it would be better if you visit the Symantec official website.