Thread: Linksys WRT110 wireless router does not provide wireless connection.

Linksys WRT110 wireless router does not provide wireless connection.

I had bought a Linksys WRT110 wireless router in the year 2008 and connected it to my pc. It was working well since then. I had been using the router with only my pc and had not used it for any wireless device as I had none. Recently, I purchased a Nook and wanted to connect it with the router to access the wireless connection.

When I tried to connect it to the router, I found that the router is no longer providing the wireless connection. I have searched for the solutions from many websites but I could not find any solution for that. I can neither access the 192.168.1.1 webpage nor ping to the same. Someone please find me a solution soon, as I have bought the Nook recently and need to access the internet through it.

Re: Linksys WRT110 wireless router does not provide wireless connection.

To solve a problem in most hardware devices it is recommended to reboot it. It is the best way to solve any hardware problem. In order to do this, first you need to reset your router by pressing the reset button at the back of the router. When your router is On, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds and then release it. Now, the router will reboot itself automatically. Note that it will delete all settings you had configured on your router so you have to re-configure your router again.

Now, check if you can login to the router. If you can, then connect the router to the pc using a cat5e cable. Now open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then press Enter. It will prompt you to enter the Username and Password. Just leave the Username field blank and type “admin” in the Password field and then click on OK. Then you can configure your router with the new configuration and will be able to access the wireless connection.

I f you are not aware of how to configure the router for wireless settings then follow these steps:

1. Connect your router to the pc and open your web browser, for example, Internet Explorer.
    2. Type the ip address of your router (usually http://192.168.1.1/) in the address bar and then press Enter.
    3. Now you have to enter the username and password (“admin” by default). If you have changed your username and password and don’t remember it then you have to reset your router by pressing the rest button at the back of your router.
    4. Once you have logged into your router, you fill find a window, wherein you will find the “Wireless” tab, click it.
    5. By default “Basic Wireless Setting” will open.
    6. Now set the “Wireless Network Mode” to “Enable”.
    7. Now in the “Wireless Network Name (SSID)” field you can enter a name that you want to address your router as (for example, “linkys”). This name will be shown when you are searching for a wireless connection.
    8. Also enable the “Wireless SSID Broadcast’ field. This will broadcast your wireless connection to be detected by your wireless card.
    9. Once you have set and filled all the required information, click on “Save Settings”.
    10. Now, click on the “Wireless Security” tab.
    11. Choose the WPA in the “Security Mode” that will allow you to set your own password.
    12. Now for setting your wireless password you have to enter it into the 'Passphrase' or 'Password' box.
    13. After you have finished with all your setting, click on “Save Settings”.
    14. Now that you have done with configuring your router, you can access the internet through the wireless connection.

I had the same problem with my Linksys WRT110 wireless router. I had followed both the above methods but was not able to get any solution. I tried to find more solutions on the internet but did not succeed in that too. I was so feeling so frustrated and helpless that I could not find any solution. So finally, what I did is, I unplugged my router from the power supply n plugged it again after 30 seconds. And also reset my router. Then, my router started working properly and was able to access the wireless connection from my Nook. You can also consult your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask if they are having some repairs.