Thread: Email Scanner of AVG has stopped working after updating the antivirus

Email Scanner of AVG has stopped working after updating the antivirus

Please help me with your suggestions. Your suggestions will be appreciated. I am having Eudora and Windows Vista installed in my computer system. Yesterday night I performed update of my AVG antivirus and from then I started facing this annoying problem with my system. Now it has started showing this message “Error reading from network as network connection closed by foreign host”. The Email scanner doesn’t seems to be working now. What must be the reason? Please help me.

Re: Email Scanner of AVG has stopped working after updating the antivirus

According to me there is some kind of issue with the update which you installed in your system. I assume you might have installed some wrong update or the update might not have got properly installed in your system. And that is why you are facing this unusual issue with your AVG Email Scanner of AVG. So I would suggest you to perform update of your antivirus again. Make sure that you are connected to the official website of AVG for update. Reboot your system once you have completed the update and then check if the system still exists or not.

You system is under virus attack. Quickly perform system scan to detect the virus and the infected files and get rid of them as soon as possible. I assume your AVG antivirus to be corrupt after the last night’s update. So it would be better that you perform online scan of your system. I would recommend you to visit the following post in this forum and go through the solution to scan your system. Make sure that your internet connection is working without any issue. Click here Online Scan

I would recommend you to first uninstall the AVG antivirus from your system. Once you done uninstalling AVG, make sure that your have removed all the files and folders which are related to AVG from your system. Use CCleaner, third party software, to achieve this. After removing all the files, reboot your system. After restarting, Download a fresh setup of AVG form AVG’s official website and install it in your system. Make sure AVG is updated. Check if the problem is solved or not.

As you have mentioned that the problem occurred after you performed the update of your AVG antivirus and did not existed before that, I would suggest you to perform system restore and roll back your system to past instance, usually to the date when you were not facing any such kind of issue, most probably any date before the date of updating your AVG antivirus. Go to: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore to perform system restore. Make sure that you are restarting your system when asked for it.

The problem seems to be with the AVG update as many people are facing similar kind of issue after updating AVG. So you can either get rid of the problem by permanently uninstalling AVG from your system and installing another Antivirus in your system. Or else you can wait for AVG to solve the following issue in their new update. Waiting for the new update can take any number of time and days. It totally depend of AVG technical staff, when they are introducing new update which could solve this issue.

I would like to give you the good news that the problem which you along with many others were facing is correctly solved. The latest update of AVG makes it possible to completely eradicate the issue. Thus I would recommend you to perform update on your AVG antivirus as soon as possible and install the latest update to bring an end to this problem. Once you have completed the updating, make sure that you follow the on-screen instruction and restart your system.