Thread: AVG antivirus updates even after disabling automatic update

AVG antivirus updates even after disabling automatic update

Hello people, I am having Desktop pc. It is running Windows 7 professional 64-bit Operating System in it. Recently I started getting AVG-icons on every AVG update, so out of frustration I decided to disable the Automatic update feature in my AVG antivirus. But now the AVG has started up with some other irritating issue in my system. Now it is getting updated even after I have disabled the automatic update. This would again create icon on desktop and prompt me to restart my system to complete the update. This issue has proved to be very annoying to me now. Does anyone else who is facing/faced the same issue know what I should do in order to bring an end to my problems? Why is the AVG updating even after disabling the auto update feature? Also i am having the same issue when i ran AVG in Windows XP system

Re: AVG antivirus updates even after disabling automatic update

After reading your query thread, I am conformed that your system is under some kind of virus attack. This virus is causing your AVG to update the new updates even after you have disabled the automatic update option in your antivirus. This virus is undoing your setting and forcing the automatic update of AVG antivirus which is installed in your system. So I would recommend you to perform complete scan of your system and remove any detected virus or other infectious file form your system.

According to me, you should perform online scan of your system. Because it might be possible that your system is under virus influence, which might have even corrupted your antivirus. I am not usre about this, but there are possibilities. So, online scan seems to be a perfect solution for your issue at this moment. So, taking into the following consideration, I would recommend you to visit the following few links where you can perform online scanning of your system and free your system from any kind of detected virus and infected files.
    online kaspersky Scan
    eset online scan
    Quick Heal online scan
    bitdefender online scan

There might be some kind of problem with the AVG which is installed in your system. So I would rather suggest you to uninstall the AVG antivirus from your system and reinstall a fresh AVG in your system. By Fresh AVG I mean that all the related files and links of the previously installed AVG should be removed from your system. You can perform that by using any third party software like the CCleaner. Also make sure that you are installing the latest available version of AVG in your system. Don’t forget to Restart your system whenever it is prompted for the same.

You should probably make sure that you have properly disabled the automatic update option. Follow the below steps to disable the automatic update option of AVG:
    • Start the AVG antivirus
    • Go to the AVG control panel
    • Click on Scheduler
    • Go to "Scheduled Tasks"
    • Uncheck all the checkboxes which are related to “Automatic Updates"
    • Also delete all the schedule.

Switching to some other antivirus seems to be a better option for you at this moment. You should probably get rid of AVG like I did as the AVG did not seem to be interested in solving this issue. Just uninstall AVG from your system and download some another antivirus and install it in your system. You can try any of the following antiviruses: AVAST, Nod32, Norton, e-scan etc. I am using AVAST and according to me it is the best antivirus available at the moment.

I have come across the following few steps which could solve your problem. Just follow the below few steps:
    • Start AVG antivirus
    • Go to tools > advanced settings > schedules
    • Now uncheck the 'enable this task' option which you can find in the scheduled scan, virus database update schedule, and program update schedule.
    • Finally uncheck the checkboxes in advanced schedule options and other update settings.
    • click on Apply and then on Ok button.
    • Restart your system.

sammydose Guest

Despite still being updated continuously updated disability. For example, a game non-purchased/installed but which uses the Orange Box and Team Fortress that this option is reset every time? Yes, I'm curious and even more would like to be able to use this feature / functionality off automatically keep this game up to date.