Thread: IP address of my desktop pc is same as the IP address of my laptop?

IP address of my desktop pc is same as the IP address of my laptop?

Hello friend hi a major problem is occurring in my mind is, the only thing I can think is that because they’re hooked up to the same wireless internet that they are melded to the same internet protocol somehow. I am banned from this site that keeps track of your Internet Protocol and when you try to visit the site on the computer they banned me and they recognize my internet protocol and now they are not letting me go into their website. I think that my desktop is having trouble so I am make use of a laptop and was excited to visit the website for the first time in a long time now I had a different computer Internet Explorer different Internet Protocol address so I assumed that they will let me go to their website. But I’m banned on this laptop also for the exact same reason which they gave for the first time, it’s recognizing this as the IP that I was banned on but I’ve never even been on that site from the laptop before. What is wrong? Please help me in solving this problem because this is very important for me. Thanks in advanced for helping me and giving your precious time

Re: IP address of my desktop pc is same as the IP address of my laptop?

Hey dude hi I would like to suggest you that there are two types of internet protocol addresses. The one is provided by the internet service provider that is Comcast which is given for all computers on your network. The internet protocol address which is provided by the internet service provider is visible to the websites you visit so this is why it is blocked on both. The other IP is only local that is only local and is on your home network only. I hope that you like my suggestion and would be able to understand the problem.

Hey dude hi I would like to recommend you that the internet protocol address is assigned through the modem. If the modem you are using doesn’t have a renewed internet protocol address, it will continue to read as the same internet protocol address no matter what or which computer you are using but you are using the same network. The internal internet protocol of each computer is assigned by the router, but the internet protocol address used to access the internet is the modems internet protocol address. So you would need to reset the modem itself to give a new internet protocol address unless your internet service provider assigns static IP addresses to each modem.

I would like to recommend you that you are going with Network Address Translation device in your router. All your computer have different local addresses, but the Network Address Translation box changes the outgoing packets so they all have the same internet address that your internet service provider has assigned. That is the one IP address that the website sees and banes. You might get the different IP address by unplugging the Router for a while, until the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol lease expires. Perhaps after 12 hours.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the questions and the suggestion given to you the suggestion given to you are quite systematic and recently the same thing was going on with me in the same scenario. I also bought a new laptop. And the same problem happened to me. I think so the problem is because of two reasons. Firstly, I think so that you are accessing the internet from the same location. Secondly, think so you are using the same connection. Try solving this and you may get on it. Hope this helps you in solving your problems.