Thread: Shortcut icon of AVG is created after every update

Shortcut icon of AVG is created after every update

Hello everyone. I have recently started facing this very irritating problem with my AVG antivirus in my Dell laptop which is running Windows 7 Operating System in it. I seriously don’t know what made this thing to happen but recently whenever I update my AVG antivirus, a shortcut icon of AVG is created in my desktop. I always delete them and everyday it is reappearing. I am seriously annoyed with this daily issue with the AVG antivirus. Does anyone know, what is the problem with my system or the AVG which is causing this problem to occur? Please feel free to help me. Thank you.

Re: Shortcut icon of AVG is created after every update

I am assuming that this is caused because of some virus attack in your system, which is causing the deleted icon of AVG to reappear in your systems desktop screen. You might have not scanned your system from pretty long time or you are not performing the AVG update properly. Make sure that you are performing both scanning and updating of AVG time to time. This will keep your system protected from virus attacks. Scan your system and delete any kind of virus or malicious germs from your system once you detect them in your system.

According to me the issue is caused because there is some kind of issue with your Registry files. Either there are missing links or corrupt files in your registry. So I would recommend you to perform registry scan, then registry cleanup and finally registry defragmentation to solve the issue. You can use any third party software to perform the following tasks. TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner etc can prove to be helpful to you. Make sure you have performed the mentioned task and restarted your system to bring upon the changes into effect.

The same issue is faced by me, you and many others like us. This seems to be a common issue among all the AVG antivirus using users. It got started along with the new update which AVG recently distributed. So now everyday it happened that even after deleting the AVG shortcut link from our desktop screen, the shortcut icon for AVG comes back haunting us. The only solution for this issue according to me is to wait for the AVG to introduce new update, which would definitely take AVG users issue into consideration and include a feature to eliminate this irritating feature from it in its ne update.

I solved this issue by directly removing the AVG antivirus form my system. I was totally annoyed with this daily issue which was happening with my system. So I removed AVG and installed other antivirus, AVAST in my system. AVAST is among the best free antivirus available at present and it doesn’t show any such kind of issue like the AVG is showing after every update. So I would also recommend you to uninstall AVG and install some other antivirus if you seriously wish to get rid of the issue.

I would like to bring this into consideration of everyone who are irritated with this issue of AVG creating its shortcut icon on desktop after every update, that this is actually a feature which AVG has included in its application. And this happens only after the database (virus definition) is updated. So it is not a bug but a feature. This happens when your AVG gets updated and you restart your system to complete the updating. So don’t worry about this feature and enjoy the protection which AVG provides you.

Seriously talking, I was not at all expecting so many people to comment to my thread. It was just so great of everyone of you to stop by the post and leave their useful suggestions. I feel so lucky to have you helping guys. Thank you everyone. Special thanks for the person who posted the above suggestion. Thank for making us realise that it was a feature and not any kind of bug in AVG. but if someone asks be about this feature, sometimes it becomes vry annoying to keep on deleting those shortcuts everytime your antivirus is getting updated.