Thread: Avira Antivirus detects java generated text file as HTML/Silly.Gen

Avira Antivirus detects java generated text file as HTML/Silly.Gen

Hello everyone I am using Java code to just generate random text files. Well these files are just normal codes that are used for programming however the surprised part of the programming is that it my antivirus detects them as HTML/Silly.Gen. So that’s quite strange to start with and hence that’s what I wanted to report it to you all guys. So please help me out in this situation, what method should I try so that I cannot get to see such kind of stuffs here.

Re: Avira Antivirus detects java generated text file as HTML/Silly.Gen

Ok thanks for mentioning about the same just make sure that you add the version of the avira antivirus program in this thread here and also do not forget to mention the date where in you have updated your antivirus program so make sure that you do answer out the questions here. Probably I think it is because of the old database that you are having In the avira is the reason why it is detecting such kind of programs as a threat to the system so make sure that you keep a note of that and then only look out for some other solutions, so that’s my advice for you but first do what as I have said here.

Yes I will surely do that see my antivirus version is v7.11.07.93 and the last time that I had updated my antivirus was recently on 1st of may 2011, so I don’t think so that my antivirus database is so outdated that it detects such type of programs as a threat. In fact I must not sue the word outdated it is updated my antivirus is updated according to your language, so suggest something else that will make me think over the solution. So I hope you will do that.

See what I am saying is that there are some things that are not detected properly in the system and some do think that they are harmful to the system so you cannot do much about that but just ignore the problem and move on, if you think that file is safe then continue with your work dude who is asking you to interfere with some others performance and hence that’s what I am saying here, so just continue with your work and let the avira do its own work.

I suggest you to have a chat with the avira people about the same matter and I am sure they will address you with the necessary solution so that’s what I think would be the perfect solution for you, see if you report such kind of problems to them then they will understand what the problem is and hence they will look at the matter as soon as possible so better look in to that, I hope that’s good for you. so work on it and I am sure it will be beneficial for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here, yes I will do the same and have a chat with the necessary people about the issue and lets see if I can get out of the problem so that’s what even I wanted to say here. Thanks for all the help that you have given here. Anyways i was expecting this kind of solutions from you all so thats what i wanted to say here so hope you have got my advise and i hope it will work out for you.