Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-05-2011

Hidden and Quarantined objects appear even after using Avira Antivirus

Hi, I had no dramas with my systems and all tests have come up fine but yesterday I went to my email account and realized that there?s something wrong there it had been sending emails to some link somewhere. So I changed the password and entered the Avira and made it look. While I was waiting I changed some of the scene of a search best. And then I realized that there were six things in my quarantine since about 4 months ago. I will return to explore, all objects that are returned before and after 1. Except one which has returned as a suspect after the rescan. So now I'm not sure what to do with it. How I can always leave it in quarantine? Its been there for some months I was scared to even try to copy the link that I have no idea what I'm doing and don?t want to kill my computer by clicking on what I should not. I also noticed that sometimes there are hidden objects, what are they? And how I can make it go away? I tried to look at the different websites but ended up looking at so i had no idea what I was reading. And even when I was writing this I did another scan of the computer and put it as a mission and returned well, except for a couple of hidden objects. So please do help me out here.
Old 30-05-2011

Re: Hidden and Quarantined objects appear even after using Avira Antivirus

First of all just relax don't take tension on the subject of the files in quarantine yes they have been encrypted by Antivirus and hence have been rendered as harmless. So what you have to do is change settings from " send to quarantine " on found problems to " interactive " According to me Interactive is by far the better solution, because in case a system file gets detected falsely you could render your Windows useless that way. So do one thing just go to reports, and copy the relevant reports with the finds in them that will be much useful for you. So work on it.
Old 30-05-2011

Ok do one thing in such situation a definite help of the support team is required here so what you do right now is just update your Avira Personal and create a new complete system scan. After that, perform the following steps
- first Start AntiVir
- Then go to the Administration
- Next is Quarantine
- Then Click on the second button from right to left followed by export all properties.
Now a Notepad window will get opened up just Copy and paste the content and then send a mail to the support staff about the issue they will surely detect what can be the problem here.
Old 30-05-2011

See according to me any quarantined objects are not so harmful so do not mess with them and waste your time see if it is getting quarantined then better let it be it will be controlled by the antivirus program however if you are so much concerned about the issue then I will advise you to go and physically delete it from the quarantine and as far as the issue of repeating of the hidden objects are concerned then I advice you to scan your system with the good malware bytes program that will rid of any kind of hidden objects in it.
Old 30-05-2011

I would recommend you to perform the three most important steps that you need to get it in order to rid out the harmful programs in the system. so one of them is
1) Download OTL program make sure that you run this program as administrator in your system
2) Download and perform a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3) Please download the 64bit version of RSIT named RSITx64 and save it to your desktop. Please note that your firewall will interrupt you while working on it you just have to allow the connection.
Old 01-06-2011

Hey thanks a lot for all the help that you have given here and I appreciate your efforts for the same that you have given here to help me in this problem. So thanks for it. yes I will carry out the three most important steps that you have given here and I will try and work on it. I think that would be the perfect solution for me so thanks a lot for letting me know about it appreciate your efforts for giving out the solutions as well. So thanks for that i appreciate it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,