Thread: How to activate the Avira Antivir while transferring to a new computer?

How to activate the Avira Antivir while transferring to a new computer?

Few months back I was having problem with my desktop, it was running slow because of Norton 360, so I bought a 3yr Avira license and installed it on my computer. I am now having problems transferring it to my new computer and hence upgrading to a new one. I know my product is active till September 2013. I have looked at many different forums about transferring the hbedv.key over to the new computer as a means to transfer the license, however while I can find the hbdev.key I do not have an activation code with me as I have lost it. So please suggest what could be done now?

re: How to activate the Avira Antivir while transferring to a new computer?

I was also using Norton360 a few years back so I know how it kills the performance of your computer. That’s the reason I why switched to Avira antivirus. Avira antivirus is a light weight but a powerful antivirus program. And now I am going to stick with Avira only. Why don’t you call the customer care of avira and ask them to help you out with this and I guess they will definitely help you out with this issue or else you can mail them.

I guess the only thing you need now is the hbdev.key file. That key can be entered into the new pc at the time of transferring the Avira. At the time of the installation a pop-up box will be displayed asking for the activation code. Now you have to click on the option saying ’I already have an hbdev.key’ and locate the key from which ever file you have saved it to. The ‘License Management’ box might even find the key fir you

Please follow these instructions:
    - start with first going in to the C:\Program Files\Avira\Avira Premium Security Suite for an HBEDV.KEY file, and then save it on a pen drive or a cd and then after that, copy the key into the new PC. There is another way you can copy the in to your mail and then download it from your mail account in your new computer.
    - then completely uninstall the Avira from your new computer.
    - then download the latest version of Avira Antivir setup and use the saved HBEDV.KEY to register it
    - and finally update Avira AntiVir

I would suggest that you should buy a new copy of Avira antivirus. As following the above steps I suppose that is illegal. Though you can try calling or mailing the customer care and they will definitely help you with that you have to just give them the email address or the contact number you gave while installing and registering the product.