Thread: i think some one has infiltrated my network

i think some one has infiltrated my network

Im just going to give you guy's all the information that i have and see if you can find a answer. Short is I think im being used as a bot,

This is what Iv done that I think let these people in.

Iv been stuffing around with a program called tor from advice from a friend, Problem is im a computer illiterate noob and had no idea how dangerous tor is unless you protect your self properly, I created a bridge also because i did not know what i was doing and i left it on for some thing like 30min's before i shut it off, What i did not know at the time was this was set to enabled on my router"This page allows you to configure port forwarding rules to allow remote users to access services such as Web or FTP on your local computers. This allows you to redirect a particular port number (from the Internet/WAN port) to a particular LAN IP address.

Virtual Server Settings
    Virtual Server Settings Disable Enable" and from what iv found out after a bit of research that feature built into the router allows remote users access to some sections of your network or computer which does not sound good to me sounds like a void in the defences.

the next day after using this program i noticed a lot of weird speeds when i was browsing the net, even though im using wireless G3, i get speeds up to 3mb a second so load times are instantaneous so to suddenly just get 10 kb's for no reason was a bit strange.

So i did some digging and i found that there was a command prompt command to test if some one else is on your network, I think i was some thing like netstat -n,

what come up on the screen was under the foreign ip section, was a lot of IP address iv never seen before and am pretty sure should not be there.

What Id like to find out is there a definite way I finding out if im being used as bot highjacked or what not, and is there a way of retaking what mine and locking them out.

Re: i think some one has infiltrated my network

Well, first of all do you have any antivirus software installed in your pc? What are all the IP's you think are foriegn? Do you have a browser open? Is windows update running? If your firewall is advanced enough, put all those ip's in to block this IP and see if anything breaks. If downloads are slow, or sources are unavailable, the client can ask for more client sources, or alternatively switch to pulling from other servers.

Re: i think some one has infiltrated my network

Bit of a late reply i know but iv been away, No there has not been any Internet explorer web browsers open, And i have Microsoft security essential,
    All i have is window fire wall and i don't know how to block stuff with it.

The net is definitely a lot slower then before some times the net just suddenly goes out, And i have been doing scans with netstat and iv been seeing a lot of stuff poping up from weird web sites like this, Iv looked it up and it just some random computer application company which people have complained about in the past.

Last edited by Rhy's; 19-06-2011 at 07:32 AM.