Thread: What are your opinion or views on network security and the software related to it?

What are your opinion or views on network security and the software related to it?

I got a query regarding the networking and I have several questions related to it. I have found that the network security concept is becoming the important one nowadays and thus I am bit worried about this as I don’t know much about this. So please let me know that how easily a hacker can access my PC as well as what all precautions I should do in order to protect against this. So please have a discussion on the topic networking security and also mention some software that protects my network.

Re: What are your opinion or views on network security and the software related to it?

Well I would tell you that whenever the computer is in the network then it becomes much important to protect the network. So there are certain things that you should make a point in order to protect your computer also. The very first thing is that you should have programs such as antivirus, antispyware. So that if there is some vulnerability on the computer then these programs would that malicious content and thus your computer would be safe.

Re: What are your opinion or views on network security and the software related to it?

There are certain things that you should keep in mind regarding network security. First of all if you computer is having more user accounts then you should not give an administrative passwords of these account to unauthorized person as it would provide that person with the higher rights and then he can do whatever he want. You should also keep your passwords complicated so that it not be easily guessable by anyone.

There are several good programs which allow you to have good network communication via remote desktop. This utility allows you to access any computer over a network remotely. I meant that you can access your friend’s PC form your computer. So similarly if a hacker managed to break through the remote desktop then he can even access your PC and so on your data files. So for that it is better to disable remote desktop program on your computer.

In order to prevent from the hackers and to prevent them from accessing the data files from the computer, one should have a firewall program on his computer. This program filters all the data that in coming inside the computer network or going outside from the computer network. There are certain rules that should be configured in firewall so that it would it would look through these rules and then make certain decisions on it. Always the firewall should be kept ON so that it would function accordingly.

I would like to tell you about this in more depth. Usually hackers create certain virus, or malwares. These are created using programming and certain code and after it is made completely they try to spread these programs usually via internet. These programs are developed in order to have certain data from computer so usually these are cookies, saved passwords on the computer, your data files, the sensitive information that you would have kept on the computer.

In order to be safer from the attack you should be careful at the time of downloading from internet. It is because it would first of all get rid of problem of spywares, malwares and other harmful software if you think before downloading. You should look this at the time of downloading particular software and then check whether that website is trusted one or not. You may validate about this by putting the software’s version that you need to download over Google and then make sure whether somebody has reported this as a harmful software containing spyware.