Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-05-2011

AVG 2011 Free edition is updating very slow

I have an hp laptop. It is very awesome laptop. I had purchased this laptop before 6 month ago. I had got the AVG 2011 antivirus with it?s for one year. I always update this antivirus every month. It was working very well till 6 month. But now I have problem with this Antivirus. I want to update this antivirus but it is very slow update. When I update this antivirus but it takes more time for update. So I am very irritated. Please tell me what?s happening with it?s?
Old 29-05-2011

Re: AVG 2011 Free edition is updating very slow

According your problem I want to tell you that may be some problem related installation. I want to suggest you that you will re-install the antivirus then you will restart the system. After restart the system you will again install the antivirus then you will update the antivirus. If still it will be still very slow update. Then you will check the internet connection. Because some time this problem come due to slow internet connection. If your internet connection is slow then there is no fault with the antivirus.
Old 29-05-2011

I am troubled the forum is really only for the AVG Free Edition. The assist is just from other AVG Free customers (and when available AVG workers. If you observe the AVG symbol avatar that indicates that the anyone works for AVG Technologies). Any questions regarding the Pro either demo or Paid for version should be intended for at AVG's Technology or Sales support, which have sufficient tools to assist you with this condition, on the main website Click here or Click here.
Old 29-05-2011

I utilize Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials on a number of different computers. however Avast does update every day you can set it to do so softly without you even knowing it is updating and MSE is also calm as a mouse. If you select to go for the modify ensure to install your option to the desktop and do not load it till you have utilized the AVG Remover then load the latest AVG of your selection. From my point of view.
Old 29-05-2011

Unluckily, I practice the similar on my computers. I utilize both a computer with windows xpsp3 installed and one with windows 7 starters installed on it. I utilize a free edition of AVG2011. When updating, the whole computer system is slowed down or cannot be utilized usually or at all. As talked about before in this thread, this can catch up to ten minutes. Utilizing earlier editions of AVG did not have this issue.
Old 31-05-2011

AS I know about the AVG it is very heavy antivirus means when you start for updating then it will take the more CPU utilization. That?s why I think due to this your update is slow. And another reason is due to slow internet collection. First of all you should check your internet connection. But I want suggest if you should install the avast antivirus. It takes only one time more time then again it automatic update. You will set the update setting auto. I am sure you will like too much this antivirus.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,