Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-05-2011

Update Control File Missing in AVG 8.5

I am using Toshiba laptop in which I am using windows XP. I am using AVG antivirus in my laptop and it is working fine in my laptop. Normally my AVG gets updated automatically. But from last one week I am not able to update my AVG antivirus. Whenever It try to update the antivirus at that time It is not updating the antivirus and showing that update control file is missing. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. I am waiting for your reply.
Old 29-05-2011

Re: Update Control File Missing in AVG 8.5

I have gone through your issue and I think you can solve this problem by doing following steps. First download the AVG 8.5 installer file from internet and after that double click on it. Now after doing that you will get two option one for remove and one option for Change or repair. Now you have to click on the repair option. Now after doing that you will not find any issue with your AVG antivirus. I hope this trick will be helpful for you and you will be able to solve your issue.
Old 29-05-2011
Members

I have gone through your problem and I think normally this kind of problem occurs only when any system files gets deleted. If you have try to clean your laptop by using any applications like Ccleaner and if you have selected all the option while cleaning then I think at that time one of your antivirus program files gets deleted. That is why I would like to tell you that try to update your antivirus manually by right clicking on system tray icon and clicking on update.
Old 29-05-2011
Members

If you are still finding the same problem after trying the above steps then I think you have to try this solution to solve your problem. First go to the official site of AVG and after that search for the updated your virus definition file. You can check which file to download by watching its date. Make sure you download the all the latest update file and after that install it in your system. After installing the all the latest update file you will not find this problem again.
Old 29-05-2011

I think you should try to solve the problem by doing this. First uninstall the AVG antivirus completely from your laptop and after delete all the temporary files from your laptop and after that restart your laptop. Now after restarting the laptop insert your AVG installation CD in your laptop and after that install the AVG antivirus again. Now after installing AVG again in your laptop check whether it is able to do automatic updates or not? If you still get any issues after that then please let me know.
Old 29-05-2011

After reading above replies I have tried to solve the problem by manually downloading the virus definition and installing it to my laptop. But after updating my antivirus manually also give me a same problem. After that I uninstalled the AVG antivirus and installed it again in my laptop but after doing that also I didn?t get any solution. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. If anyone facing same problem and have solution then please let me know.
Old 01-06-2011

If you have tried all the solution and you are still facing the same issue then I think you have to solve the problem by installing the latest version of your required antivirus. Just go to the official website of your antivirus and after that download the latest version of antivirus in your and after that install it in your system. After installing it in your system you will not face the same problem in your system. I hope after installing new version your problem get fixed.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,