Thread: Warning of Non-Existent File in AVG Free Edition 2011

Warning of Non-Existent File in AVG Free Edition 2011

Hello friends I am using AVG antivirus free edition 2011 in my Compaq laptop. First I was using windows vista in my laptop and at that time I was using earlier version of AVG antivirus which was working perfectly in my laptop. After that I upgraded my windows vista to windows 7 and I installed the AVG antivirus 2011 in my laptop. Now I am facing one problem with mu laptop. Sometimes I get warning from AVG that there are some files in your Tamp folder but when I try to move it to the vault at that time it tells me that file does not exist. Please tell me what should I do?

Re: Warning of Non-Existent File in AVG Free Edition 2011

I have understood your problem and according to me you should try to solve this problem by removing temporary files from your laptop. I think after removing the temporary files from your system you will not get this warning message and you will be able to solve the problem. So just try this solution and after that restart your laptop. After restarting the laptop check whether you are getting the same problem again or not? If you are getting the same message then I think your laptop is infected with viruses.

I have gone through your problem and If you are trying to delete the temporary files by doing right click on the particular drive and after that click on the disk cleanup then don’t try to delete the temporary files in this way. Just go to your start menu and then type %temp% and click on ok. Now after that yo will see all the temporary files of your laptop. Now to search try to search the file which is infected and detected by your AVG antivirus. If you can see those files then delete it. After doing that you will not get any problem.

If your AVG antivirus is giving you message that the file does not exist at the time of moving it to vault then I think your antivirus is detected the hidden files. According to first you have to click on the organize button and then click on the folder and option button. After that click on the view tab and select the view hidden files option. Now after that go to your Temp folder and check there whether any hidden files are there or not? If you found any hidden files then delete them.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem with my antivirus also and after that I tried to remove a file which is detected by my antivirus but after doing that also I was not able to solve the problem. After that I downloaded the Ccleaner in my system and installed it. After installing that I clean my whole system and after that I was not getting any messages from my antivirus. I think you should also try this solution and after that you will not get any issues with your antivirus.

I have tried all the above solution to solve my problem and after that also I am still facing this problem. First I have tried to delete the temporary files from my laptop but after deleting the temporary files also I am getting that message again and again. I have also tried to clean my laptop with the help of Ccleaner but after that also I didn’t get any result. I also tried to solve the problem by showing the hidden files but there are no hidden files in my laptop. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

If you have tried all the solution and still you are facing the same issue then I have one solution for you. According to me first you have to completely remove the antivirus from your system. Now cleanup your whole system, after cleaning up the system restart your system and after that install the antivirus again. Now after installing the antivirus you will not face this problem again in your system. I hope my solution will be helpful to you and you will be able to solve your problem.