Thread: Cannot receive mail from certain domain using SBG

Cannot receive mail from certain domain using SBG

I am having a trouble with Symantec bright light. I have been using it since 2 years now. But these days it is not allowing to receive mail from certain internet domain‘s. As I have a small company and, my customers come from all over the globe. So not receiving a mail from a single client could cause a serious loss to my company. Is there any way through which I can receive mail from them . Any suggestions are invited.

Re: Cannot receive mail from certain domain using SBG

The main reason why you can’t receive file is because of SBG. SBG is a file used controlling virus and spam on the mail server. Its stand s for Symantec Brightmail Gateway. This file generally defines the between the good mail and bad mails. More importantly it consists a White list and Black list. So if a user ip address is in Black listed then the mail would never reach your inbox because it would be blocked the movement it reaches your server.

There are another list which is made by the Symantec Global Bad Senders List. This list contain s the list of senders that are black listed globally.( I mean there IP ‘s are black listed ). The Ip address your client must be using to send the mail may be black listed . So it might be not be able to receive it in your inbox .to receive the mail ask your client to send it from different IP address . OR else ask him to apply for the removal of his IP address from IP Reputation Investigation page

I suggest you to use a telnet test to the respective server and post the result here. So that we can figure out more deeply what your problem actually is. A thing you should remember with the other post posted above is that All IP address that are in good list overrides the Symantec corporation’s bad list as to send or receive the mail. I also suggest you to audit the SBG log to see what‘s happening there . This would also help you why a specific IP address has been blocked.