Thread: AVG 2011 remover.

AVG 2011 remover.

Hi, I have a laptop and I was running an antivirus software in it called AVG, but as the days passed, the software’s database gets older, so it can’t detect any of the virus so I just plan to download the new antivirus, as I am to curious, I like to try all the software know to me, or unknown. But when I was trying to uninstall it, it wasn’t actually, I tried lot, but still didn’t got any solution, and because of that only I am not able to install the new software in my machine, so need suggestion, how do I uninstall it?

Re: AVG 2011 remover.

See, whenever we download such a software, if suppose we get the original copy, it is well and good, because it contains the files for uninstalling the program, and if suppose we didn’t get such a file we started facing problems regarding the un installation, so at that time you have to download those uninstalling files from the internet again, and then try to uninstall it again. I hope this would work.

I would like to describe you the solution, but before that let me tell you that always remember that when you download such a files, always make sure that it has a complete set up with all the necessary files, otherwise you’ll get the same error again and again. My recommendation is to download the utility software that is specially used to uninstall the antivirus software’s, and while running that software, if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, then "Run as Administrator", you’ll get this option by right clicking on that file.

You can download the third party application for uninstalling the software, as they are specially meant for that purpose only, and that’s good that you have AVG, because as far as I know AVG has this kind of software called AVG remover, you can download it from their website for sure, or you can have another program also, but if you use the software from the same family, it would be more beneficial.

Hey try to uninstall it from the control panel, for that first of all open the my computer and the on the left panel you’ll find the option for control panel, click on that, as the new window will appear, you’ll get too many icons, among them select the add and remove programs, it will again open the new windows, as you got that window, select the program that you want to uninstall, that’s the AVG. after clicking on that it will automatically remove the software from your machine.

If you didn’t got any such solution, you can have the last option as you can delete all the files from the machine, but I would recommend that you should try to uninstall it, and then try this, you’ll get the associated files in the program files folder, in the C: drive by default, or rather I would say the drive which contains the operating system. After deleting those files, delete files from the registry also, thus you would not get any error while installing it again, you can do it by entering in the registry, for that run the ‘RUN’ command and type REGEDIT in it,