Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-05-2011

Installation Fails AVG 2011

Hi, I have HP laptop, and right now it is very badly affected with the viruses, and really all the programs which I uses, stops working because of these only, thus I plan to install the antivirus software in my laptop, and as I download the copy of AVG antivirus software, and when I was trying to install it, it wasn’t actually, and I was not getting even, why I am not able to install it. currently i am using the windows Xp. Any suggestion, why this is happening? Badly need advice.
Old 28-05-2011

Re: Installation Fails AVG 2011

Have you ever installed it earlier ever, because it happens because that when we install antivirus software, if creates a LOG files in the machine, and because of that only, we are unable to install the fresh copy of the software, thus I would recommend you to delete all the LOG file from your machine and then try to install the software again, I hope this would help you, by the way this is very critical error actually, you can first try the quick fix to resolve this.
Old 28-05-2011

I think the software you have download is not the perfect copy of the original version, I mean to say that, some of the files would be missing in this software, and really this kind free wares always creates such a problem, thus my recommendation is to buy the new copy of antivirus system, it will help you to clean your computer completely. In fact I would say you should buy that before it affect the system files.
Old 28-05-2011

I would like to recommend you that you should download it from the AVG?s official website, as they would give you the original software instead of fraudulent copies. Otherwise it seems that your laptop is badly affected by the virus, you should clean it through the antivirus as soon as possible. And it might be the reason that you are not able to install the software because you?re logged in through the user account rather than the administrative account, try to install it with the use who has a full rights for installing any software's.
Old 28-05-2011

Hey I think you should install the another antivirus if this is unable to install, because as you wait for the proper installation, you?ll probably damage the system you have, thus buy the original copy of any antivirus from the store and then first of all clean your PC, and by the way which operating system you are using, because sometimes some of the antivirus doesn?t support the particular operating system.
Old 31-05-2011

I would suggest you to clean up your system first, however you want, I mean to say by whichever software you want, because it is very important to save the date that?s in your laptop, and as soon as you got the clean up the laptop, you can visit the website of AVG for the further doubts, or you can simply visit their forums, in which their supporting staff help you with the solution.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,