Thread: How to disable the individual parts of AVG antivirus

How to disable the individual parts of AVG antivirus

I am running windows XP professional edition in my laptop in which I have also installed the AVG 2011 antivirus which is of free version. Now infrequently I believe various component of AVG might be conflicting among anything I'm demanding to accomplish. How can i suspend or disable individual parts of AVG antivirus in favor of a particular time era or waiting reactivated with the purpose of notice if there actually is a clash. I have gone through the manual and read it but couldn't come across a suggestion for this requirement.

Re: How to disable the individual parts of AVG antivirus

The Resident Shield is the major module shielding you from viruses. It scans files/folders and if a virus is establish, it blocks the file from accessing it. This affects to executing infected software/programs, in addition to opening of virus attacked documents or whichever additional files. Turning off the Resident Shield is occasionally suggested prior to installation of new software otherwise drivers, seeing as it can put off conflicts that would otherwise happen for the duration of their installation. This though applies simply to restricted number of definite programs as well as drivers, and there is no common reason why AVG Resident Shield must interfere with an installation of whichever program.

I don’t think that you can disable all the components inside the AVG antivirus. You can disable or temporarily suspend some of the modules as you required. But still the main operating of the AVG will continue on your computer. That is some of the integrated tools of AVG still active and protecting your computer. Other thing is I don’t think that such a good antivirus program can conflict with other system processes, programs, application and installation. You might have installed some kind of third party apps or security apps which might be conflicting.

The AVG E-mail Scanner might affect the sending/receiving of e-mails, seeing as it is considered to scan the emails and wants to use them in various ways. The approach of accessing the emails based on the e-mail client, except only the Personal E-mail Scanner plug-in (add-on) can conflict with the contact among your PC with the e-mail server. In order to disable the Personal E-mail Scanner
    • Simply open the AVG antivirus which contains User Interface and setting to change.
    • Inside menu “Tools” choose “Advanced settings”.
    • Go to “E-mail Scanner - Servers - POP3”, and click on top of the “POP3 server” (typically AutoPOP3:10110).
    • Un-tick the selection “Activate this server and use it for receiving e-mails”.
    • Do again the similar in favor of SMTP server.
    • Please allow the servers that were permitted initially over again while probable.

AVG is a PC security corporation that creates free anti-malware software named AVG Anti-virus. The program is intended to notice and take away malware, counting spyware, viruses as well as worms. AVG Anti-virus contains 3 major components and they are Resident Shield, E-mail Scanner as well as AVG LinkScanner. To put out of action AVG Anti-virus, you will require disabling each one single component. Remember that, when it was disabled, AVG Anti-virus will be not capable to defend your PC from virus attacks. Inside the Menu of AVG program you will get all the settings to enable and disable each component according to your needs.

There is always a possibility that antivirus software can conflict with the system or other programs. This will cause the system to slow down or crash or even freeze. Sometime it will also cause installation of programs even if the program is not malicious for a computer and by the trusted vendor. For that reason the AVG offered a unique solution for its users to temporarily disable modules of AVG by the help of easy accessible menu. There you just need to untick the check box which will turn off the selected components.