Thread: False Positive on the Facebook Like button ‘HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2’

False Positive on the Facebook Like button ‘HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2’

I have installed Avira on the computer of mine. I am suspecting that the Avira is having false positive on the Facebook like button which you can see on the page. Let me know if you are having the same problem which i have mentioned over here. Let me know why I am getting this particular issue on the computer of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: False Positive on the Facebook Like button ‘HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2’

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have understood HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 should be detected when hidden iframe is there on the page. There could be lots of malicious code which can be using the hidden iframes and it could result into the bad stuff. In this particular situation it is not hidden on the system of yours. it is having display: and style of the iframe and it seems to be set as inline due to some unknown reason.

If you are thinking that this particular antivirus software Avira has detected a clean file due to mistake the you should select Suspected False Positive (Not Malware) from the dropdown menu of the file type. You will get a complete a report which you sent to the Avira’s Vlab. In case there is a False Positive then it would be removed from the remove from the future releasing of the VDF file. So you would require for the releasing of the updates in the future.

I have updated the antivirus program on the computer of mine. into Help and About menu it is displaying 7.11.08.147 version of the antivirus. I think it supposed to be .145 and I have fired the page and still it stating that there is virus. I am hoping that the developer team would take the appropriate action to get rid out from this particular situation as early as possible.

I wanted to say thanks to all of the guys who has replied with me possible solution to fix the matter of mine. well I have mailed the case to the developer of the antivirus and they replied that would fix the matter as early as possible. Finally they have released the VDF update and I have installed the same on the system of mine. after doing the same I am not having any issue. Well I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine.