Thread: How to remove tr/rootkit.gen?

How to remove tr/rootkit.gen?

recently I have installed Avira AntiVir personal on the computer of mine. well I have found tr/rootkit.gen on the laptop of mine. I have found the same into the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\oylytst.sys. file location. Let me know the meaning of the file which you have mentioned over here. So let me know if you are aware of anything to fix the matter of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated.

Re: How to remove tr/rootkit.gen?

I want to know about some basic information regarding the computer of yours. Let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer? do you have installed any software recently on the computer? let me know about the version of the antivirus program which you have installed on the computer? so answer the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Do you have tried with the complete scan of the computer of yours? well you should run a scan into Normal mode as well as into Safe mode. In order to boot the computer into Safe mode you have to restart the computer and press F8 from the keyboard and then go for the Complete System Scan on the computer. once you have completed with the virus scan you should boot the computer into normal mode and see whether it is working or not.

In this particular problem I am suggesting that you should download DDS Tool on the computer of yours. you can get the same from the official website. you should install the same and double click so that you can launch the application on the computer of yours. now DDS would begin with the scanning on the computer of yours. once the scanning is completed two notepad file named dds.txt and attach.txt. you should attach the files over here after finishing with scanning.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should download and installed TDSSKiller on the computer of yours. once you downloaded the same you should install the application and launch the same after installing and perform a virus scan on the computer. once the scanning is completed it might prompt for rebooting the computer. Well you should simply reboot the computer of yours. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

In order to fix the matter which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should download and installed Malwarebytes on the computer of yours. you can get the same from the official website of the developer. Make sure that you have updated the virus signature so that you can successfully remove the virus program from the computer of yours. after finishing with scanning you should restart the computer of yours.

If any of the above solutions are not working for you then I recommend that you should download and install OTL on the computer of yours. you should right click on the same and then you have to click on the Run as Administrator. You should run a virus scan on the computer of yours. once you have completed with the virus scan you should reboot the computer of yours. I am hoping that it would be useful to you.