Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-05-2011

Avira and Panda Cloud conflict

I have installed Avira and Panda Cloud on the computer of mine from past couple of months. In today morning I have got an error message on the computer of mine. I have found that the problamtic folder which is mentioned in the error is having -l.list or -m.list. I am unable to find out why this particular issue occurring on the system of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 28-05-2011

Re: Avira and Panda Cloud conflict

I want to know which operating system on the computer of yours? let me know about the system configuration of the computer of yours? Can you post the entire error message which you are getting on the computer? Can you post the error log which you are getting on the computer? Can you post the content of the -l.list or -m.list file by opening it into the notepad of the computer? so provide the above mentioned details as early as possible so that you can use the same to fix the matter of yours.
Old 28-05-2011

I let you know that the Avira is not recommending that installing the multiple antivirus software on the computer. by because if you are supposed to install the two antivirus on the system then it would have protection automatically switched on the computer. they would not encrypt the virus strings within because it might generate an issue which is called as False Positive. Also it might also lead to clash as both security program are supposed to access the file which are opened into the resident protection.
Old 28-05-2011

You should observe the following rules when you are supposed to install two security program on the computer.
  • You should install only one on access on the system.
  • You have to decide that which on scanner you are having the most trust before you begin with the installation. If you are looking to install the new one then you need to deactivate the current one.
  • You should install more web filters and firewall when you are supposed to install the multiple security suite on the computer.
Old 28-05-2011

If you have installed multiple security software on the computer then there would be degraded performance of the computer also there could be an issue with the internet connection. If it is possible for you I am suggesting that you should install the parallel scanners on the computer so that you can have the manual search command. However still you might get the error message on the system if the security software using the decrypted search strings.
Old 31-05-2011

I am highly suspecting this particular issue is being happening due to conflict between both the antivirus program. Well I am suggesting that you should simply uninstall the antivirus program from the computer. I mean to say you should use the one on which you are having more trust. If you are not interested you are not supposed to use both the software and then you should get a new antivirus software for the security purpose of the computer of yours.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,