Thread: Slow Surfing After Installing new AVG 2011

Slow Surfing After Installing new AVG 2011

I had to do a full installation of AVG Free 2011, and this latest version has things packed like dial-up. I am using Internet Explorer 8, and all that is periodically updated mechanically, so programs should not be blamed. I do not use or have other browsers installed. Before the new AVG 2011 was not experiencing any problems I'm pointing out here. I tested my machine speed (which was good), run 2 gigs of RAM, Windows XP Service Pak 3. The larger the website like: Facebook, with many links on the pages, get the slower response. I had to wait over 30 seconds when I press down the scroll bar of the page to download and then sometimes you have to do it several times to get it to move down one page in length. Anyone have any solution for this?

Re: Slow Surfing After Installing new AVG 2011

I as well downloaded AVG 2011free update, and after that removed it two times now. While it was not installed my Gmail and the whole thing worked just well, the moment I installed it, the whole thing slowed down, Gmail is almost not working. While I type it takes ages to react. Hopeless. I have utilized AVG for many years now and may have to discover something else except there is an answer soon. I have currently tried opening my Gmail with Mozilla Firefox browser, unlocked Gmail and typed fine, so guess I will have to stick with Mozilla.

I am not 100% sure I think my troubles started later than the update. Slowness on Facebook as expressed Twitter and large eBay searches. Had sufficient tonight and ran the Microsoft internet explorer fix-it tool which said three components on the AVG toolbar had origin IE to stop functioning in the past week. So I established a deactivation and my toolbar is gone. Gladly, so are my troubles, and as this is Netbook I will be running the similar tool on PC tomorrow (troubles just with Facebook actually on PC, so both systems affected in part to size I would say)

I will attempt to find time to present this sometime today- it would look to me that sufficient people are having sufficient similar troubles that it shouldn't take a techy to see that there is something quite messed up with the update. By the way, I am running https on Facebook and anywhere else I surf with promptness which offers the feature. As well, I was able to get on Facebook and surf with no troubles at all on my laptop, which I haven't updated to the most recent AVG update. So I think someplace along the lines of what did you guys append to this update that wasn't there earlier would be a good first place to seem.

Somebody else is going to have to persist this, if they wish it fixed, as I have exhausted way too many hours on this, and I don't have any more time to swindle with it. In the meantime, I am shutting down AVG and getting something else which will work without lashing me around the bend while I am wish to surf without an over-zealous. And here I just wish to add more, please try to clear out your startup items using a few tool like the Ccleaner and MS Autoruns.

Uninstalling Ad-Aware and Spybot did not progress performance on Facebook using AVG Free alone. Page loading at a standstill got wedged about half-to-two-thirds down the page, with a repeated back-log of stuff loading and waiting for things to come up. I do not notice the connection between "start-up" items and what is occurrence with Facebook, and would quite not fiddle with what has worked well until this most recent update. I may fix the registry thingy later, later than I know other things are functioning well.