Thread: How to Change the EV Console domain name ?

How to Change the EV Console domain name ?

Hi, I have a EV Console, and in that we have a different data base containing the information, if suppose I changed the domain name for the table, them what will be the ramification in doing these? Will it affect the values in the tables of the database? Because actually I have done this, and I am not having any such issue regarding the access, in fact the EV console just show it as a name in the column, then what shall I do more with that database ? Can anyone share any thoughts?

re: How to Change the EV Console domain name ?

Yeah that’s very good if you are not getting any such error, even though you change the domain name, but when I have done the same, I was not able to access some of the database, and I really try hard to get the solution to this, search the internet, all the websites I known, and almost all the forums, but didn’t get any such solution, but when I change the domain to the previous one I got not issue.

See, it might caused some error if the name that you give for the domain is wrong and it doesn’t host all these exchange servers, then everything simply fails, you won’t be able to see any data, from the table, in fact according to me you would not be able to see the database even, but as you have changed it, and it is good that you are able to access, but still I would suggest you that don’t change such a name can cause the error in the later stage.

If the Exchange servers have been migrated to a new Domain and you may want to look at removing the exchange servers and the domain and re-adding them, because of the limitations in the software some the columns in the MbxStoreEntry and the ExchangeServerEntry table which is generally LDAP specific, could be fail if they have been changed. But you;ll not get see much of the change if you merely change the domain name only.

Re: How to Change the EV Console domain name ?

I am wondering that why you are changing the domain name unnecessarily, as even there is no problem with the previous one, because this is not the big deal I know, but it could sometimes causes too many errors, afterwards, when we change the values in the table or insert any new value in the table, you won’t get the error in accessing but might be possible that it cause some error while manipulation in the database.