Thread: Facebook runs slow because of AVG 2011 Search-Shield

Facebook runs slow because of AVG 2011 Search-Shield

My Facebook has been running extremely sluggish for concerning a month at this moment. Following reading several Google deliberations connected to Facebook sluggishness, I exposed a thread conversing the LinkScanner part of AVG. Following several rapid testing, I have established that if I barely put out of action the Search-Shield preference of the AVG LinkScanner module, my Facebook act proceeds to usual. I have a free edition of AVG 2011 and LinkScanner version 588. The system is running Windows 7 (64-bit) on top of an Intel Core i5 CPU.

Re: Facebook runs slow because of AVG 2011 Search-Shield

I don’t think that the AVG 2011 is causing your Facebook to run slow on Windows 7. As you know that the AVG 2011 is a top rated antivirus program which rich set of features and with some additional capability which you cannot easily find in other security program. The AVG 2011 protects and guards your browsing and your computer. Other than this it will not cause any process to slow down. It could have been the issue about your system or the web browser setting which is not configure properly. Try to clean all the cookies and temporary file before opening the Facebook and see whether it will help.

It seems to me that the AVG antivirus or internet security program is scanning each and everyone incoming and outgoing packets of Facebook before allowing you to view on the web browser. Due to this reason the page runs slowly. Otherwise there is also be chance that some other programs like firewall or Windows firewall or any third party antimalware software is making some sense with the AVG. Confliction of any 2 security program can cause this kind of issues. However if the issue is only about the Facebook then I think that the reason might be something different.

If you are using the Internet explorer as a default web browser then there must be AVG add-on which had installed along with AVG 2011. If it is really present in your Internet explorer then you must disable it. I hope that you know how to disable add-ons installed or downloaded. Now you can try Facebook. If it is still running slowly then download any other web browser like Firefox or opera or may be Safari for Windows and try to use from there. The AVG might not going to affect those browsers. Also try to reset the Internet settings to default if it might have changed without your concern.

It looks like there could be some kind of exception or server provided in AVG in order to scan Facebook. If the exception is meant for Facebook then there could be possibility that the AVG hold a strong security and protection against that and it will going to scan the packets and processes going on the web browser continually. If there any other program like firewall or antispyware which also has same thing then both security program at a time screens the activity of Facebook causing it to slow down.

Facebook Runs too Slow because of AVG 2011 Search-Shield

My Facebook has been running too slow for approximately a month now. The trouble is best exemplified by scrolling down to view all the posts from my friends over the last 24 hours or so. While doing so, the Task Manager shows an immense deal of activity, even while no additional applications are running and no keyboard or mouse input is presented. Closing Facebook eliminates all the activity shown on Task Manager. Anyone have any idea about this? How I can solve this issue?

Re: Facebook Runs too Slow because of AVG 2011 Search-Shield

Here I just wish to add something. As I also had the same issue but after reading a few google discussions related to Facebook sluggishness, I discovered a thread discussing the LinkScanner component of AVG. After some speedy experimentation, I have established that if I just disable the Search-Shield option of the AVG LinkScanner component, my Facebook performance proceeds to regular.

Here I just don’t have any more information about your issue. In order to examine your condition please provide me Msinfo output, listing of browser add-ons and AVG log files.

For AVG log files:
    1. Find the way to the AVG log folder
      • For Windows XP just go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG10\Log\
      • For Windows Vista/7 go to C:\ProgramData\AVG10\Log\
    2. Set All files in an archive that is in zip file and just provide it to me.

As well please check what kind of connection to Facebook you are utilizing (https/http) and attempt to change type of connection to make out if it helps. Let me know the result after applying this.

I just would like to let you know that I just transfer your condition to our development. If I find anything about your issue than I will surely keep you informed about this as soon as my team examine the situation further. We have passed all obtainable information regarding this disagreeable slowdown to my team and I am at present waiting for results of their analysis. Meantime please attempt if this circumstance continues after program update out yesterday.

I saw from your post there was a latest update that was fittingly installed and I reactivated the AVG toolbar to make out what would occur. Browsing speed did not revert back to slow and is currently normal; however Search Shield is marking all pages with, even later than a whole restart of Netbook. Physically switched on the Search Shield component and browsing slowness came back even though not quite as sluggish as earlier. So the update improved the trouble but did not fix it.

You can see the Improvement with the latest updates. This trouble looks to have enhanced with the most recent AVG updates. I at a standstill notice a bit of sluggishness on Facebook, especially while returning from a new tab or while loading older posts, but the sluggishness is noticeably less and improve after few minutes. It emerges the new AVG at a standstill necessitates some time to experiment all the page links, but ultimately the response becomes reasonable.

Have you checked the internet connection speed properly in your computer? If the speed is not as you expected then it could be reason for that issue. I never thought that the AVG could cause a Facebook to slow down on your computer. Don’t be afraid, I have been hearing lots of issue and bugs in AVG 2011 which the developers are still fixing it and still looking forward to release more patches and updates for those issues. So I hope that you should turn on the automatic updates of AVG so that it can get update automatically and fix issue by itself.