Thread: AVG Reporting False Positive on a website

AVG Reporting False Positive on a website

Hi, I make use of wix.com intended for a number of of my web design, and that website (a well recognized site) is being barren by surf protect on avg, and whichever site that is formed through wix is as well blocked which is completely intolerable. It reports it like a nasty site, currently that is horrifying in support of my big business. It is not only about one site but a few other sites also have been blocked by AVG. What can I do to fix this thing?

Re: AVG Reporting False Positive on a website

It seems to me like a page ranking issue or something similar to that. I think that this webpage is not ranked properly by some antivirus companies. It is not only about one site and it is not only about one antivirus or internet security software. There are number incidents and example like that. The issue is actually not about the AVG but it is about the Wix website developer or administrator site. They might have not authorized or clarified their website as genuine in security companies due to this reason the AVG blocking it.

There are some websites which will request you to download the certificate for your computer browser while or before the web browser loading or opening the page. You must download that certificate. You must download that otherwise the web browser will not going to load that page any way. Once you install that certificate for your web browser, the AVG will notice it and assume it as genuine. Then it will provide the browser to open that page and access it all the way through.

The page you are demanding to right to use has been recognized as a acknowledged abuse, phishing, otherwise social engineering web site and for that reason has been infertile in support of your security. Devoid of security, for instance that within the AVG Security Toolbar as well as AVG, your PC is at danger of being cooperated corrupted otherwise having your individuality stolen. For that reason the AVG is not allow you to open that site in any manner. However you can report this thing to AVG so that they can fix this issue remotely.

If you cannot open the website in your computer and the AVG is blocking it then assume that that WIX webpage is low ranked and does not contain any kind of security certification for the confirmation of web browser. If you really want to check that webpage then try to open it in some other computer which does not have AVG installed. There you can see some kind of security related warning underneath the browser, which is on the status bar. If so then you cannot open it in your computer. If not, then you might need to contact the AVG.

I think that it is the issue about the incorrect page rating regarding the AVG. They might have not rated the webpage properly a due to that reason those who have installed the AVG cannot be able to open the Wix page. I know that it is a good website which helps you to create a flash or small websites according to your needs. It is really sad to hear that you cannot access that anymore. However if you really want to open that page then I urge you to make use of proxy to access it. It might be possible.

If you really consider AVG has wrongly rated that web page like being dangerous, then you must need to inform the AVG about it. Not only this page but whichever other pages which you cannot able to open or blocked. If you open the AVG page there you will get an option like Incorrect page rating report. There you can mention the website which is blocked. The AVG will verify that software and rate it properly and update the antivirus very soon.