Thread: Free AVG 2011 With Anti Rootkit Shows False Alarm

Free AVG 2011 With Anti Rootkit Shows False Alarm

I have installed the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 which has an Anti-Rootkit feature. Yesterady I ran a scan by using this utility. It shows some rootkits but I don’t think that they are really a malicious things. I scanned nearly 5 times to check it again. I was not sure about it so I have also scanned by SUPER AntiSpyware, Avira, as well as SpyBot. However not any them reported back reported those rootkits except several cookies, along with one Trojan. Do you think that my AVG is showing false notification on Rootkits?

Re: Free AVG 2011 With Anti Rootkit Shows False Alarm

Grisoft, maker of AVG Internet security software, have launched an additional free AVG product, "Anti-Rootkit". The corporation said AVG "Anti-Rootkit" is beneath release beta experiment intended for six months to make sure its capability to defend users as well as operating systems exclusive of the perplexity and harass of false alarms. Rootkits are PC code that tries to conceal their dealings as well as processes, building the work of noticing code along with damaging processes extremely tricky. AVG 'Anti-Rootkit' is developed to notice and wipe out rootkits successfully, devoid of bothering users through false alarms. So you can trust it.

In case of doubt concerning an incorrectly noticed rootkit, please explain the problem in particulars. Kindly take in this data:
    • What is the precise AVG program edition
    • Anti-rootkit scan results
    • Any optical drive emulation program installed

Collect all there information and a make a note on it. Now open the AVG forums page or technical support page. Create a new user account and post the issue along with the details which I described above. Otherwise you can directly mail to them.

Initially, rootkits were utilized by hackers to wrap their tracks following unauthorized right of entry to computers. Nowadays, these systems have been redesigned with the intention of cover the attendance of nasty software utilized to collect and make use of personal information for instance credit card numbers as well as social security numbers making a stern danger to users. So whatever the AVG find in your computer you should trust on that if your computer has any important data.

In my opinion what the AVG find in your computer is absolutely true and you can trust on that. I am telling you this because the rootkits cannot be found easily by most of the Antirootkits software. Some rootkits are specially designed to fake the security software and hide from it. These will cause serious damage to your computer and steal important data. So it would be better if you delete any kind of rootkits found in AVG anti-rootkit even if you don’t want to wipe out.