Thread: What is PHISH/Cartasi.Z?

What is PHISH/Cartasi.Z?

Well I have installed Avira antivirus program on the computer of mine. whenever I am visiting the official website of eBay the antivirus of mine is prompting that there is a phishing attack on the computer of mine. also it is saying that the temp internet files is having the pattern of PHISH/Cartasi.Z. is there anything to worry about? Let me know if you are having any useful speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What is PHISH/Cartasi.Z?

The thing which you have mentioned over here is seems to be false positive according to me. In other words I can state that there could be bad update is installed on the detection software of yours. it did not mean that the eBay is infected by the some Malware attack on the site. So I think there is nothing to worry about on this particular matter. If there is something wrong then I am sure that there would be official announcement from the backend team.

I have noticed number of people who are having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. you should sent the file to the developer of the software. You should choose Suspected False Positive (Not Malware) from the drop down menu of the File menu. Once you have done the same the developer team would sent the entire report to the email address of yours. if it is to be confirmed as False Positive then it would be removed from the future release of the VDF. If that is the case then you need to wait for the releasing of the next update.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on the system of mine but I was failing to do the same. however I am suggesting following path which you can use to get the quarantine file on the computer of yours.
    For Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\INFECTED
    For Windows Vista and Windows 7
    C:\ProgramData\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\INFECTED
    Also you can get more information by clicking on Start AntiVir and then go for Administration and Quarantine.

It could be serious attack on the computer of yours. so I am suggesting that you should update the antivirus with the latest database signature and then you should perform a virus scan on the computer by simply booting the computer into safe mode. Once you completed with the virus scan you should restart the computer of yours. I am hoping that the performing a virus scan would be useful to fix the matter of yours.